Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer numbers

Noticed WF has 51 d-1 transfers. Is there not a limit on this? Seems like a way to game the system to me.

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
    Noticed WF has 51 d-1 transfers. Is there not a limit on this? Seems like a way to game the system to me.
    Nice try, but not even close. 51 transfers yes, but only 12-15 D-1 and most of those are FCS level. We do have a good number of JC/CC and DII transfers, though. Good shot my man, but lets not bring out excuses until the game has been played, win or lose.

Comment

Just going by an earlier post from eagle 74. Thanks for the information and I am not looking for any excuses. Just figuring out why the immediate success in a strong conference. Congratulations on a fine season.

Comment

Combination of Coach Shinnick and Florida football. Shinnick built the UNC-Pembroke program from scratch several years ago and had them in the playoffs after three years, so he's good at building something from nothing. That's why he's at UWF (also a great man, by the way). Florida football helps plenty. Nearly every major college east of the Mississippi camps out in Florida to recruit so the talent is deep. But there are only 2 DII football schools out of 21 total college football programs in Florida, UWF and Florida Tech. The rest are DI, NAIA, and one JUCO in Miami.

Comment

Just going by an earlier post from eagle 74. Thanks for the information and I am not looking for any excuses. Just figuring out why the immediate success in a strong conference. Congratulations on a fine season.
          If you check my post, it just says transfers, not D-1 transfers. Also, no doubt about it, West Florida is a very attractive school and location to transfer to.Their Coach Shinnick has done a great job of utilizing quality transfers in building strong programs, and I'm sure it will continue in the future.

Comment

And the

Comment

And the excuse making begins

Comment

Comment

Seems like a lot of transfers and guess it is, BUT one thing to consider. The program is in it's 4th year. Tranfers are logical building blocks for a new program.
                  Also as previously mentioned, BIG recruiting area, and if you've ever been to Pensacola, you can see the attraction.

Comment

Amazing as it may seem, Ducks do sometimes drown. Congratz to West Florida Colledge on a well played game. I seen old Coach "Walking Buzzard" Shinnick briefly after the game and shot him the bird. He either didn't see me or correctly assumed I was a disgruntled Bear fan. The Arguenots have some of the biggest old fat boys I have ever seen. I'm suprised they could run more than 5 yards without having a heart attack. I have to give credit to there quarterback who played a hell of a game. Our boy Willinghame done real good to. if we had had 5 more minutes I believe the Bears would have pulled it out and been on the plane to play Ferris Colledge in Mishegun. We had the momentum there at the end and the Arguenots were on there heels. Them big old fat boys was holding there sides and were calling for the oxygen tanks. Well unfortunately it didn't work out in our favor so we have to be good sports and say good luck to the other team.

ALL IN ALL it was a great game and like I told the Bear cheer girls "Yall quit crying cause the Bears will be back next year and yall can cheer for them (except for you senior girls who will be out getting a job or getting married and having babies and paying taxes)"

Go Arguenots!
                    Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
                      Amazing as it may seem, Ducks do sometimes drown. Congratz to West Florida Colledge on a well played game. I seen old Coach "Walking Buzzard" Shinnick briefly after the game and shot him the bird. He either didn't see me or correctly assumed I was a disgruntled Bear fan. The Arguenots have some of the biggest old fat boys I have ever seen. I'm suprised they could run more than 5 yards without having a heart attack. I have to give credit to there quarterback who played a hell of a game. Our boy Willinghame done real good to. if we had had 5 more minutes I believe the Bears would have pulled it out and been on the plane to play Ferris Colledge in Mishegun. We had the momentum there at the end and the Arguenots were on there heels. Them big old fat boys was holding there sides and were calling for the oxygen tanks. Well unfortunately it didn't work out in our favor so we have to be good sports and say good luck to the other team.

ALL IN ALL it was a great game and like I told the Bear cheer girls "Yall quit crying cause the Bears will be back next year and yall can cheer for them (except for you senior girls who will be out getting a job or getting married and having babies and paying taxes)"

Go Arguenots!
                      Maybe they can add 5 minutes to the 4th quarter. I know the spelling and grammar are "on purpose", but guessing yo contint is from yo hart.
                      Game wasn't as clost as the skore "emplyed"

Comment

Seems to me the system is there to be "gamed" unless the powers that be change the system.

Comment

I'm confused as to what this "game" is and why the low-level "snarkiness" with UWF's transfer numbers. Most are DII and JC/CC transfers, so what's the issue? Come clean and speak up, 'cause I'm interested....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X