Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm friends with several former players on social media and they've all been excited about it. They'd know more than me!

The veer won't be sticking around. There will be some option principles retained, but he talked about bringing in an OC. Pretty sure that person won't run the veer, much less know it!

Comment

I was expecting to hear about the new OC by now. Any word?

Comment

Originally posted by CNC Maniac 1 View Post
        I'm friends with several former players on social media and they've all been excited about it. They'd know more than me!

The veer won't be sticking around. There will be some option principles retained, but he talked about bringing in an OC. Pretty sure that person won't run the veer, much less know it!
        Clowney even said in his press conference the offense may have to change because the only coordinator who could run it just retired (Turner).

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Fernandez View Post
          One good thing is we will keep the veer cause Mike know how it is the best and he played and coach up under Ken Sparks. We will keep the veer and he will put in more passing and maybe a jump pass out of the veer would be good.
          Have heard differently. Veer more than likely is gone.

Comment

The delay in having a OC in place during the days leading up to national signing day has me concerned about the decisions of some skilled players who have no clue as to whether or not they would fit into a potential type of offence. So far, with multiple delays, I'm not very optimistic about the near future of the program. Far from a smooth transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74;
              The delay in having a OC in place during the days leading up to national signing day has me concerned about the decisions of some skilled players who have no clue as to whether or not they would fit into a potential type of offence. So far, with multiple delays, I'm not very optimistic about the near future of the program. Far from a smooth transition.

I share the concern. I think Offensive linemen are not interchangeable to every given type of offense. I think the body type and mentality for running the veer is distinctly different than a spread type pass first offense etc. I don't want to overstate that point but I am especially concerned that we won't have an O line that can do their job (whatever that looks like). If you don't have an O line, then the whole game becomes swimming up hill. If the Offensive coordinator isn't in place (tout suite), we won't have the building blocks to pull off his chosen scheme. He will be forced to run with what he has (to make do) rather than impose his will and build his concept. Why hire someone to "make do"? Just my $0.02.

Comment

42 guys signed today, several big OL. Great day to be an eagle!

Comment

Yep, CN brought in a large quantities of players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X