Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defending champion

With what LR has coming back next year we have a very good team that could win the SAC championship again. Eight starters on offense and seven starters on defense. We have some very promising players ready to step up to starting positions. Does anyone know the status of the other teams potential for next year?

I wish you a lot of luck, but with LR losing their top 3 leading defensive players, and a total of 6 out of your top 10 defensive players for next season, is going to be hard to replace. Of the top 10, the departing players accounted for over 65% of the tackles made this season. Plus, you don't know how many other players (including key starters) may or will decide to jump ship after this or next semester now that your coach has moved on to another school. Way to early to make predictions for next season.

It may in fact take a couple of years for both LR and CN's players to adjust to a new coaching change, and the philosophy they may bring. By the way, the clock is ticking for recruiting for the upcoming season, and I know the other coaches are busy beating the bushes for the best potential talent.

Comment

I don't agree with you much Eagle74, but I do here.

Comment

LR got a proven winner today, and should be the favorite for the SAC next year, however, I do believe the SAC is a little bit more open this upcoming year than 2019. Would still be surprised to see someone other than Wingate, CN, and LR winning it. LR has its new coach and a lot of players returning, but loses a lot on the defense and may change styles offensively. CN losing a lot of players but has plenty more coming up, going through a possibly even more radical change offensively, we'll see who the Eagles bring in. Would suggest Wingate is the favorite but I just don't believe in their style of play, don't think they can win the SAC without being able to score more points in big games, plus they're losing a lot of people too.

Comment

Going to be interesting for sure. Losing two great linebackers and a defensive end that was national defensive player of the year is big but we got some real good starters coming back. Offense is my biggest concern because if we change from the wing tee we will be having to adjust again. So if Jacobs could bring in a great OC to run the wing tee that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
            Going to be interesting for sure. Losing two great linebackers and a defensive end that was national defensive player of the year is big but we got some real good starters coming back. Offense is my biggest concern because if we change from the wing tee we will be having to adjust again. So if Jacobs could bring in a great OC to run the wing tee that would be great.
            Would love to keep Bodine in the OC position, I really think the Jacobs hire has to do with the fact that we've had trouble matching up defensively with GSC teams the last few years, really think thats what kept us from winning it all under Cronic. Jacobs can do it I believe, and there's some evidence to support that. I do think what they ran at NDC could work really well at LR, but not with Grayson at QB, so I don't see that happening.... yet anyways. We may have lost a good bit on D, but the offense should be SIGNIFICANTLY better, talent wise anyways, next year, given the talent we had come in, assuming everyone stays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X