Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clowney named Carson Newman Head Coach

Alter almost a full month of having the Eagles football program in limbo, the CN Vice President of Athletics announces that Associate Head Coach Mike Clowney has been appointed as the Eagle's Head Coach. This announcement (surprising to many) took way to long, and I'm sure negatively effected recruiting (less than a month away from signing day) which immediately put Coach Clowney in a desperate catch up situation in trying to secure a decent signing day. I wish him, and the Eagles football program the best of luck.

Idk if it put them at a huge disadvantage, because all of the coaches had continued recruiting and Clowney is the best of the bunch at recruiting. Clowney also has been the pipeline to a majority of CNs big recruits. So yeah maybe it hurt a tad, but maybe not as much as it would at a FBS or FCS school.

I do think it took a little longer than maybe hoped for, and I know that I wasnt exactly crazy about it. But after thinking about it, maybe I held the time as the DC against him unnecessarily. Mike is a phenomenal guy and is the kind of guy you want your kids to play for.

Also is it really that surprising? Clowney has been the coach in waiting since Sparks. Turner was basically the in between.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X