Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical

Imagine you were a football recruit with full scholarship offers from each of the SAC schools. Based off every factor imaginable (team strength, legacy of success, fan engagement, facilities, academics etc) which school would you choose to go to and why?

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
    Imagine you were a football recruit with full scholarship offers from each of the SAC schools. Based off every factor imaginable (team strength, legacy of success, fan engagement, facilities, academics etc) which school would you choose to go to and why?
    THAT.IS.A.LOADED.QUESTION!!!! You want us to say LR because of all the money spent updating the facilities at your school. NO WAY JOSE!!! Money spent and bright shiny toilets don't make a football team. GET OVER YOURSELF, you are going to choke on all that chest pounding pride.

HONESTLY, if I was a 5 star recruit I would sign with Virginia Wise because they are going to the top of the SAC fast once they adjust to the level of competition.

Comment

LOL, Looking back, and If I was that good, I would go ahead and take my chances as a walk-on at ECU, UNCC, NC State, App State, Coastal Carolina, UT or Clemson;) The reasons are clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethel Kay View Post

THAT.IS.A.LOADED.QUESTION!!!! You want us to say LR because of all the money spent updating the facilities at your school. NO WAY JOSE!!! Money spent and bright shiny toilets don't make a football team. GET OVER YOURSELF, you are going to choke on all that chest pounding pride.

HONESTLY, if I was a 5 star recruit I would sign with Virginia Wise because they are going to the top of the SAC fast once they adjust to the level of competition.
        Bears will drop off due to change in offense, just like Kellar, and UVa-Wise????? Not likely. This staff has had enough time to build a good team, from time spent in the MEC.

Comment

Reason why I wouldnt sign with the Bears is actually pictured on the rendering they unveiled. Hanging conference championship banners is cute.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            Reason why I wouldnt sign with the Bears is actually pictured on the rendering they unveiled. Hanging conference championship banners is cute.
            And the last time CN won a SAC waaaaaaassssss....?

Comment

And the last time LR won a College Football National Championship (any division) waaaaaaassssssssssssss?

Comment

Comment

From what I can tell, neither CN or LR will feature any National Championship players on their teams next season, unless they can get a player or two to transfer from West Florida or Valdosta St. By the way, from a former player's perspective, just winning the conference is not a team's or players top goals for a season.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

And the last time CN won a SAC waaaaaaassssss....?
                    Congratulations on the recent success. LRs success over the past 7 or 8 years has been very impressive. However, your school has become a stepping stone job with no consistency. Best of luck to Coach Jacob's. We will see what he can do without Jaleel McLaughlin carrying him.

CN hasn't won since 2009, and it makes me really sad. But unlike LR, we fortunately dont have as many last place finished as conference titles.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Congratulations on the recent success. LRs success over the past 7 or 8 years has been very impressive. However, your school has become a stepping stone job with no consistency. Best of luck to Coach Jacob's. We will see what he can do without Jaleel McLaughlin carrying him.

CN hasn't won since 2009, and it makes me really sad. But unlike LR, we fortunately dont have as many last place finished as conference titles.
                      Lol, at least people want the job!

Comment

I had an interesting conversation with the Father of a player who is a sophomore at a Division 2 school, and is now at home pondering what would be the best options, moving forward. While he really likes the school and team he plays for, in evaluating his major, and overall cost being incurred (even with the help of a partial scholarship), verses other schools, he's now looking at transferring to a more economical option which offers the same opportunities in the fields of employment he's pursuing, along with football. With everything going on, In the days to come, I can see more and more players and parents reevaluating better economical options.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X