• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Football

Any early names?

Jerry Glanville
    Da Bears

Comment

Even though there are those who dwell and relish on the past, unfortunately, Coach Glanville's best days are way behind him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
        Any early names?
        Anybody who has serious names?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Anybody who has serious names?
          I'm guessing it still might be early if the plan is to start playing in the 2024 season. They would bring in their first group of recruits for Fall 2023, so I'd think they would need to have a new coach hired around the Spring/Summer of 2022 so that he would be ready to hit the recruiting trail in the Fall of 2022.

This is similar to the Barton approach. Hire coach in Summer of 2018, first signing class in 2019, first season in 2020.

No idea of any potential names at this point, but if the commitment is there they could set their sights high. Barton for example got NC A&T's OC to leave an FCS job and become their HC.

I think you could realistically see anything up to a current FBS position coach being interested in the job.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I'm guessing it still might be early if the plan is to start playing in the 2024 season. They would bring in their first group of recruits for Fall 2023, so I'd think they would need to have a new coach hired around the Spring/Summer of 2022 so that he would be ready to hit the recruiting trail in the Fall of 2022.

This is similar to the Barton approach. Hire coach in Summer of 2018, first signing class in 2019, first season in 2020.

No idea of any potential names at this point, but if the commitment is there they could set their sights high. Barton for example got NC A&T's OC to leave an FCS job and become their HC.

I think you could realistically see anything up to a current FBS position coach being interested in the job.
            Barton's Head Coach, Chip Hester, is very familiar with the SAC since he was head coach at Catawba for 11 years. I think that's a good approach, to hire a coach who knows the competition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X