Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Wingate Bringing Back?

Wingate seems to be oddly left out of a lot of the discussion on this website. I'm interested to know who they are bringing back next year. Last years team was typical of Wingate: strong, physical, solid defensively but not particularly explosive which seemed to be their undoing in their two losses. I just looked over their published roster - they don't have the 2020 up yet - but based on 2019 they seem to be losing a few key players but returning their qb (who is underrated), one of their stud rb's, and a shifty wr. Not sure how their defense or o line are looking, however. Does anybody have any insight?

I think they gone be weak. They best reciver number 11 graduate and number 1 transfer to Newberry. They gone have young recivers. They best linemens graduated and loss a lot of defense to graduation.

Comment

They'll be strong on defense as usual, I've always thought their struggles on O had to do with coaches just as much as personnel, they've always seemed to be super conservative which has led to a lot of stalled drives against the better teams they play. I remember this past year it was constantly said the team with more big plays would win the LR WU game, but the way they play just seems to minimize the chance of such plays. They'll likely finish somewhere between 1-3 in the SAC once again I'd bet. I do expect their offense to take a step back unless they make some big scheme changes.

Comment

That what I am saying. They always got good linebackers but if you throw over them you can get big plays. on offence they have the qb back and the big rb but all the best recievers gone. Allso I looked up on Wingate rooster lost 3 starting linemen. They have lost 2 much so Im going to say 4th or 5th behind 1. CN 2. LR 3.TC 4 will either be W or NB

Comment

I'm looking forward to the season. The Dogs have a lot of talent returning and the redshirt class should be ready to step in and contribute in a big way. Teams are always going to have great players graduate or transfer but the mark of a great team is to have the "next guy" step into that role and do even better. We have had spectacular recruiting classes and they are ready to prove their value to the program. Our coaching staff teaches as well as coaches and they are all "family" with the players. I have every confidence that when the dust settles in the SAC wars we will be on top and ready for the playoffs.

For the first time in 21 years I won't be sitting in my reserved seat at Irwin Belk Stadium yelling for my dawgs. We've moved. I hope to make a few games, Go Dogs!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X