• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC decision tomorrow???

Tune In!!

Where are you hearing this?

Comment

I'm hearing there's suppose to be a conference call with either the SAC presidents or AD's or both to determine whether there will be fall sports. Hoping for SAC football in the fall. Gulf South Conference is proceeding with conference games only during the 2020 football season....

Comment

I hope the season is pushed way way back, or possibly into next spring. It makes no sense jeopardizing the health of the players, coaches, and fans. I love football, but under the present circumstances, I can wait until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Zardoz View Post
          Where are you hearing this?
          Delay Fall Sports Till late September, I hear it because I'm plugged in to the SAC

Comment

One of Limestone's Asst. AD just told me that as well. Hurts Limestone even worse because they are losing $20k in guarantee money by not opening up and playing Gardner-Webb......

Comment

Originally posted by Saints62 View Post
              One of Limestone's Asst. AD just told me that as well. Hurts Limestone even worse because they are losing $20k in guarantee money by not opening up and playing Gardner-Webb......
              Not a big fan at all of D2 Athletic Directors pimping out their teams to D1 schools for a paycheck. How much of the payoff actually makes it's way back to the football team and players? From what I hear not very much. Also, would the pimped paycheck help players who may get injured while trying their best to compete against what is typically superior talent? Very rarely are these games competitive, they're games that the D2 players typically would prefer to forget about.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints62 View Post
                Yes, that's bad. They should be getting at least $40,000 for that trip. That's more the going rate. SMH

Comment

https://twitter.com/sac_athletics/st...740976130?s=21

Comment

Comment

Kicking the snot out of big schools is always fun, although CN hasn't played FCS since 2007.

That's part of how NDSU has built that incredible program up there.

Comment

And on the flip side, ask the Savannah State players (especially the ones that got season ending injuries) how they felt after getting their arces kicked 84-0 by Oklahoma State when they got pimped out for a check to a higher division every dang season there for a while? Didn't help them a bit, no new stadium, and eventually had to fall back to D2. Real football (competitive) players never enjoy losing to anyone, especially when it's a major beat down. Occasionally teams have fared well against playing up a division, but its very very rare, kind of the ole blind squirrel finding a nut saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                          And on the flip side, ask the Savannah State players (especially the ones that got season ending injuries) how they felt after getting their arces kicked 84-0 by Oklahoma State when they got pimped out for a check to a higher division every dang season there for a while? Didn't help them a bit, no new stadium, and eventually had to fall back to D2. Real football (competitive) players never enjoy losing to anyone, especially when it's a major beat down. Occasionally teams have fared well against playing up a division, but its very very rare, kind of the ole blind squirrel finding a nut saying.
                          Savannah State might not have technically built a brand new stadium, but they did have major upgrades to their stadium during their FCS years. However, I agree they did go to the extreme playing way too many games against Power 5 schools.

Back to the Gardner Webb and Limestone comment. That 20k does seem a little low. However, Eagle you are selling it like some massacre would happen. Gardner Webb isn't exactly some FCS power, they haven't even had a season with a winning record since 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Back to the Gardner Webb and Limestone comment. That 20k does seem a little low. However, Eagle you are selling it like some massacre would happen. Gardner Webb isn't exactly some FCS power, they haven't even had a season with a winning record since 2013.
                            Funny how the NCCU fans too were all excited to see the Eagles play up against Florida International University (for a paycheck) a few years ago. Turned out to be an ugly game (even after the Panthers called the dogs off) that a lot of players wish was never scheduled. By the way, this was at a time when the Panthers too were not having winning seasons.

http://campusecho.com/keyinjuriesgiveconcern/

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Funny how the NCCU fans too were all excited to see the Eagles play up against Florida International University (for a paycheck) a few years ago. Turned out to be an ugly game (even after the Panthers called the dogs off) that a lot of players wish was never scheduled. By the way, this was at a time when the Panthers too were not having winning seasons.

http://campusecho.com/keyinjuriesgiveconcern/
                              Injuries are part of the game and can happen playing in division, up a division, or down a division.

Funny thing about that article is that 2015 NCCU team with all those injuries still went 7-1 after that game. Also, the NCCU fans should have felt good about their chances going in considering Bethune Cookman had beat FIU in the both 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X