Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAC postpones football until the SPRING!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC postpones football until the SPRING!

Why did the conference wait until the 9th hour to do this? Very poor management and coordination.

Wise decision to push the season way back. No sense in putting lives in danger simply for our entertainment, I can wait.

Comment

Is this official? I checked the SAC website and there is nothing posted there.

Comment

Have not seen the news anywhere except for on this site. Where is this coming from?

Comment

I haven't seen this info anywhere as well. Where did you get that info Catawbafan???? Nothing posted in SAC website....... Could be "fake" news...... However don't understand why canceling DII championship games beginning in late November and into December. It's alright for the SAC and other conferences to play their 7-9 conference games in September, October and November, but not play in playoff games after the regular season.... Not sure about the leadership in DII.....

Comment

If this is true, it's better than the season being canceled, but only if it's safer to play in the spring and honestly I don't see that happening. I hope it does, but not holding my breath.

At the same time, I don't blame the conference for holding off, hoping things improve until making a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints62 View Post
              I haven't seen this info anywhere as well. Where did you get that info Catawbafan???? Nothing posted in SAC website....... Could be "fake" news...... However don't understand why canceling DII championship games beginning in late November and into December. It's alright for the SAC and other conferences to play their 7-9 conference games in September, October and November, but not play in playoff games after the regular season.... Not sure about the leadership in DII.....
              Reports are it's not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Catawbafan View Post
                Why did the conference wait until the 9th hour to do this? Very poor management and coordination.
                As of right now this is completely untrue. No such announcement has been made.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post

As of right now this is completely untrue. No such announcement has been made.
                  AD's met today. Presidents tomorrow. That's the word.

Comment

Comment

Just got the word that football has been moved to spring. 4 game schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by SACDADx3 View Post
                        Smart move!! No sense putting lives in jeopardy, be it the Players, Parents, Grandparents, Family, Coaches, Friends, and Fans.

Comment

South Atlantic Conference Postpones Fall Sports Competition, Will Look to Compete in Spring 2021

https://thesac.com/general/2020-21/r...20200807j0fkht

Comment

I hope the conference decides to play football in March, April, & May as opposed to starting any earlier

Comment

Originally posted by SACDADx3 View Post
                              4 Games????? Where did that come from?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X