Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC Expansion

I think Erskine might be a good fit once they get up to speed. Erskine and Limestone would make a good rivalry game. That area of SC is football crazy. The gone play (SC an Clemson) dispite the Rona so you know they football crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Fernandez View Post
      I think Erskine might be a good fit once they get up to speed. Erskine and Limestone would make a good rivalry game. That area of SC is football crazy. The gone play (SC an Clemson) dispite the Rona so you know they football crazy.
      Don't forget about Anderson down the road. Where will Barton and Erskine end up? Or does Conference Carolinas develop a football league?

Comment

No inside information here, but Emory would be a good fit for the MEC as well. IF (again no inside information), the MEC brought on Bluefield State, that would give E&H four schools within 150 miles of them and would be a major step for the MEC to move to a N/S division break.

Comment

Barton, Erskine and rumors about Gilford and Emory & Henry moving up. Commissioner Britz will be checking them all out. Of all those I think Barton is a good bet. With Anderson adding football that will make 10 I would love to see Gilford come in.

Comment

I'd like to see Guilford move up - old Lenoir-Rhyne rival and one of the founding members of the North State Conference. I love E&H from a football perspective (totally ignorant about their other sports), they're a proven D3 commodity with good tradition and would instantly move into the upper echelon of the SAC in terms of attendance. Good looking stadium and I believe they have a pretty large D3 marching band as well.

Comment

Comment

So, that leaves Christopher Newport out. Barton Erskin, E@H, and Anderson to be added. Unless Conference Carolinas becomes a player. As Parcells once said, "If you want to be a player, you have to get in the game".

Comment

With Conference Carolinas, there's already a plan being laid out which would include some of the schools mentioned in this thread. They would also include North Greenville University, Barton, Chowan, UNCP and others. If this COVID-19 thing moves along, I believe there will be a full Conference Carolinas Football lineup by 2022.

Comment

My understanding is the goal for the number of SAC members is 14 and no more. It was mentioned during the press conference when Limestone announced joining the SAC. That means there is only one invitation left. Based on the hints in the other thread, the 14th member is a D3 VA football school. Since the SAC likes to keep a really tight footprint, Christopher Newport is probably not in consideration. I'm now believing it will be Emory & Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      With Conference Carolinas, there's already a plan being laid out which would include some of the schools mentioned in this thread. They would also include North Greenville University, Barton, Chowan, UNCP and others. If this COVID-19 thing moves along, I believe there will be a full Conference Carolinas Football lineup by 2022.
                      Erskine is CC member. Maybe Anderson would leave the SAC for CC. North Greenville leaving the GSC would lead to a dwindling GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Erskine is CC member. Maybe Anderson would leave the SAC for CC. North Greenville leaving the GSC would lead to a dwindling GSC.
                        Anderson is not returning to CC. They were once part of it, and left (not that long ago...).

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Anderson is not returning to CC. They were once part of it, and left (not that long ago...).
                          So, where do you think Erskine and Barton are going to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

So, where do you think Erskine and Barton are going to play?
                            Barton has the SAC scheduling agreement for 2020 (whenever it gets played) and 2021. Both will likely remain Independents until CC starts football.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Barton has the SAC scheduling agreement for 2020 (whenever it gets played) and 2021. Both will likely remain Independents until CC starts football.
                              Where is CC going to get enough teams for a conference?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X