Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Where is CC going to get enough teams for a conference?
    CC has Barton, Chowan, Erskine, and North Greenville. UNC-Pembroke joins in 2021 to give the conference 5 teams. Only 1 more team is needed, maybe Bluefield State as an affiliate for team #6.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
      My understanding is the goal for the number of SAC members is 14 and no more. It was mentioned during the press conference when Limestone announced joining the SAC. That means there is only one invitation left. Based on the hints in the other thread, the 14th member is a D3 VA football school. Since the SAC likes to keep a really tight footprint, Christopher Newport is probably not in consideration. I'm now believing it will be Emory & Henry.
      The goal was 14 now and 16 by 2024/2025. It appears that Barton only got a 2 year scheduling alliance as opposed to 4 in anticipation of a new SAC member in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        No inside information here, but Emory would be a good fit for the MEC as well. IF (again no inside information), the MEC brought on Bluefield State, that would give E&H four schools within 150 miles of them and would be a major step for the MEC to move to a N/S division break.
        I would be shocked if E&H chose the MEC over the SAC if both conferences extended invitations and E&H actually wanted to move up. The SAC is a much better fit geographically and is made up of schools that are very similar to E&H.

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post

The goal was 14 now and 16 by 2024/2025. It appears that Barton only got a 2 year scheduling alliance as opposed to 4 in anticipation of a new SAC member in 2022.
          Ah, yes. I watched the Limestone-SAC press conference again and they start talking about membership numbers at the 10:18 mark. How likely is it that the SAC actually gets to 16 members. My preference is 14 conference members. I was looking at the Barton alliance as a solution to finish out the UNC-Pembroke alliance with it extended to a second year to give Barton a full home-and-home rotation.

Comment

Ah, yes. I watched the Limestone-SAC press conference again and they start talking about membership numbers at the 10:18 mark. How likely is it that the SAC actually gets to 16 members. My preference is 14 conference members. I was looking at the Barton alliance as a solution to finish out the UNC-Pembroke alliance with it extended to a second year to give Barton a full home-and-home rotation.
            There are 9 football 13 overall from what I see. Available schools sounds like Anderson who would be 10 in football. Barton, Erskine, Pembroke, Chowan and North Greenville are CC members. They need one more. In reality though, they really need more for a schedule.

Comment

If it is E&H, that will take them to 14 members with 11 playing football (Anderson, Carson-Newman, Catawba, Emory & Henry, Lenoir-Rhyne, Limestone, Mars Hill, Newberry, Tusculum, Virginia-Wise & Wingate). While not a fan of silo scheduling, I am also not a fan of an odd number of football teams. We know that both Chowan and North Greenville have applied for membership in the past. Also, it is my understanding, both Barton and Erskine would accept a membership invitation if it was extended. The issue is that the conference is trying to not only keep the overall conference footprint compact, but also to keep the divisional footprints compact.

But, the schools are out there to get to 16.

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post

If it is E&H, that will take them to 14 members with 11 playing football (Anderson, Carson-Newman, Catawba, Emory & Henry, Lenoir-Rhyne, Limestone, Mars Hill, Newberry, Tusculum, Virginia-Wise & Wingate). While not a fan of silo scheduling, I am also not a fan of an odd number of football teams. We know that both Chowan and North Greenville have applied for membership in the past. Also, it is my understanding, both Barton and Erskine would accept a membership invitation if it was extended. The issue is that the conference is trying to not only keep the overall conference footprint compact, but also to keep the divisional footprints compact.

But, the schools are out there to get to 16.
                I would take Barton and Erskine if I was the SAC. Let E @H go to the MEC like Frostburg who moved up. Just my thoughts.

Comment

E&H would have to apply for membership to join D2 by February 2021 in order to be on the SAC slate in 2022-2023, if I'm not mistaken.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

E&H would have to apply for membership to join D2 by February 2021 in order to be on the SAC slate in 2022-2023, if I'm not mistaken.
                    Not necessarily. Frostburg State played a full MEC schedule in their first year of provisional D2 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Not necessarily. Frostburg State played a full MEC schedule in their first year of provisional D2 membership.
                      And that has happened only one other time since 2011. Northwestern Oklahoma State was denied in 2011 then was accepted in 2012 and played a full GAC schedule in 2012-13.

Comment

And that has happened only one other time since 2011. Northwestern Oklahoma State was denied in 2011 then was accepted in 2012 and played a full GAC schedule in 2012-13.
                        Yep. I think there's more incentive for a D3 team than for an NAIA team, since NAIA teams can still be eligible for NAIA championships in Year 1 whereas D3 teams are ineligible even if they play a D3 schedule (thanks to the McMurry rule).

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Yep. I think there's more incentive for a D3 team than for an NAIA team, since NAIA teams can still be eligible for NAIA championships in Year 1 whereas D3 teams are ineligible even if they play a D3 schedule (thanks to the McMurry rule).
                          True. But even with that rule Staten Island played, D'Youville will play, and Benedictine (IL) would have played D3 schedules in their respective Year 1s.

Comment

I am in know way providing any news, but I have a question. Right now Division 1's MEAC is bailing water out of their conference quite a bit. Schools in Division 1 only move one or 2 at a time since 2014. Would any of these schools be candidates for the MEAC expansion or even to replace Robert Morris in the Northeast Conference?

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
                              I am in know way providing any news, but I have a question. Right now Division 1's MEAC is bailing water out of their conference quite a bit. Schools in Division 1 only move one or 2 at a time since 2014. Would any of these schools be candidates for the MEAC expansion or even to replace Robert Morris in the Northeast Conference?
                              The MEAC ought to drop down and be part of the CIAA or SIAC. They don't really have a legit conference anymore. Hampton, NC A@T, FAMU gone, down to about 6 teams.

Comment

Article from June:

https://heraldcourier.com/sports/e-h...2d940397d.html

"The Emory & Henry board of trustees is scheduled to meet this weekend to discuss plans for the opening of classes this fall. According to multiple sources, one subject that might be brought up involves a study for E&H to move from the non-scholarship world of NCAA Division III athletics to NCAA Division II where scholarships are offered.

Newsome declined comment on the NCAA Division II subject."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X