Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdosta QB Transfers to Tusculum

Valdosta State's national championship winning and Harlon Hill runner up QB Rogan Wells is transferring to Tusculum. I watched him pick apart the LR defense back in 2018, the guy is the real deal and will vastly improve Tusculum. The question now is, does he have the talent around him to make a run at the SAC title?

Tusculum has been only a few pieces shy of being a really good team. Consistent quarterback play is at the top of their list of needs. Rogan Wells is legitimately one of the three best players in all of Division II so to say this is a huge addition for the team is an understatement. Not sure what prompted him to look elsewhere (though he has already graduated from VSU) but there is familiarity at Tusculum. Head Coach Jerry Odom has history with Kerwin and Kade Bell. He and Kerwin both played at Florida and coached together at Jacksonville. Kade was JU quarterback for part of that time. Kade is now offensive coordinator at Tusculum. However it came together, it is exciting news for Tusculum and the SAC.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
      Valdosta State's national championship winning and Harlon Hill runner up QB Rogan Wells is transferring to Tusculum. I watched him pick apart the LR defense back in 2018, the guy is the real deal and will vastly improve Tusculum. The question now is, does he have the talent around him to make a run at the SAC title?
      No. But from what I've been told, Tusculum has much bigger issues than worrying about the football team.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
        I am not aware of big problems. What are the big problems?

Comment

Perhaps the recent issues with being put on probation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (related to student evaluation), which his no longer in effect. Or that the prior president was only there for a couple of years. Or perhaps some sort of financial issues, as those can be quite common in small private colleges and universities.

Comment

Just an observation you gents may not have noticed. There are 4 Valdosta transfers on TC's list. My guess is that Wells is bringing his supporting cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog Blue View Post
              Just an observation you gents may not have noticed. There are 4 Valdosta transfers on TC's list. My guess is that Wells is bringing his supporting cast.
              A redshirt WR who never played a down at VSU, a backup OL, and a DB are Well's supporting cast?

Comment

Brian Saunds is transferring too. That's a big get.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X