Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2019 SAC Preseason Predictions

The 2019 SAC Preseason Predictions

Things may change between now and the first scheduled game, but as it stands now, here are the early preseason SAC Football 2019 predictions:

1. Carson Newman / Wingate (tie)

2. Lenoir Rhyne

3. Newberry

4. Tusculum

5. Mars Hill

6. Catawba

7. Limestone

Re: The 2019 SAC Preseason Predictions

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Things may change between now and the first scheduled game, but as it stands now, here are the early preseason SAC Football 2019 predictions:

2. Lenoir Rhyne

3. Newberry

4. Tusculum

5. Mars Hill

6. Catawba

7. Limestone
    Lenoir Rhyne will repeat as SAC football champions and Wingate will be second followed by Tusculum , Newberry , CN, Catawba, MH, Limestone

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      Lenoir Rhyne will repeat as SAC football champions and Wingate will be second followed by Tusculum , Newberry , CN, Catawba, MH, Limestone
      1. Tusculum
      2. Carson Newman
      3. Wingate
      4. Lenoir Rhyne
      5. Limestone
      6. Catawba
      7.Newberry
      8.Mars Hill

TC, CN and Wingate will go to region. TC will lose first round, CN and Wingate will win and meet in the regional final. It will be on hell of a GAME but you'll have to wait until then to find out the result

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
        No doubt that the better teams in the SAC which have film of the Valdosta State beat down with their defense scheme / alignment are probably looking at ways to mimic the style and results when they face the Bear's offence this coming season.

Comment

So UVA Wise doesn't even make the list? Way to make them feel welcomed..........:disapointed:

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
            So UVA Wise doesn't even make the list? Way to make them feel welcomed..........:disapointed:

Things may change between now and the first scheduled game, but as it stands now, here are the early preseason SAC Football (Conference & Alliance Members)- 2019 predictions:

2. Lenoir Rhyne

3. UNC-Pembroke

4. Newberry

5. Tusculum

6. Mars Hill

7. Catawba

8 UVA-Wise

9. Limestone

Comment

IS THIS CNN? this thread proves that Fake News and Insanity go hand in hand. All of You'ens are discounting Catawba. I can tell you right now the Indians from Salisbury will be chugging Cheerwines and knocking over people this fall. The Catawbians are always in the hunt. In my humble but well thought out opinion LR sweeps the field. It's going to be a horse race for 2nd but I don't know who the runnerup will be.

Y'all be good to one another I'm out.
              Last edited by Ursidae; 06-06-2019, 08:53 AM.
              Da Bears

Comment

Not a lot of optimistic for the Indians this coming season. They are coming off of a 4 -7 season and 2 - 5 in conference play (including a win over last year's hapless Limestone team) and losing a lot of talent on both sides of the ball from last year's mediocre season, This includes losing key skill players and linemen. Add in the fact that they aren't attracting the D1 transferred talent as they did years ago, and you can see why there's not much chance for a surprise race against the better teams on their upcoming schedule. Right now, it looks like a potential 3 - 8 season at best (it's a good thing that they have UVA-Wise and Limestone on their upcoming schedule).

Comment

I just had lunch with a great big feller who stands about 6'5" and tips the scales at a pound or two over 300. He went to Western in the mid 1980s and started as a freshman but didn't like the position he played, thought the coach couldn't win a Tiddlywinks, thought Cullowhee smelled bad and hated the cafeteria food. He transferred here and played out his college career before getting a sniff by the pros in New York and Cleveland. He keeps up with the program here better than I do. He thinks we are one small step away from a regional title and one giant leap from the national championship. He says we might have a struggle with one team in the conference but believes we will finish the conference undefeated. I will not argue with him no matter what. He is a big feller, lifts weights and boxes in the Golden Gloves Senior Division.
                  Da Bears

Comment

LOL, LR finishing the season undefeated this year? If that's what he's counting on, well then big ole feller may have a few big ole tears running down his big face at season's end :crying:, but buy him a big pie, he'll get over it in no time.

Comment

Updated Prediction:

1. Wingate

2. Carson Newman

3. Lenoir Rhyne

4. UNC-Pembroke

5. Newberry

6. Tusculum

7. Mars Hill

8. Catawba

8. Limestone

9 UVA-Wise

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                        Updated Prediction:

1. Wingate

2. Carson Newman

3. Lenoir Rhyne

4. UNC-Pembroke

5. Newberry

6. Tusculum

7. Mars Hill

8. Catawba

8. Limestone

9 UVA-Wise
                        The SAC 2019 season is going to be one of the toughest, hardest fought conferences in the nation. I will be surprised if any team finishes undefeated. The top 3 are expected to be at the top at seasons' end. There is always a surprise in this conference, expect it. It will be like a blind side left hook that catches everyone by surprise---happens every year!

Comment

Originally posted by WU Fan View Post
                          The SAC 2019 season is going to be one of the toughest, hardest fought conferences in the nation. I will be surprised if any team finishes undefeated. The top 3 are expected to be at the top at seasons' end. There is always a surprise in this conference, expect it. It will be like a blind side left hook that catches everyone by surprise---happens every year!
                          From what I'm hearing, your Bulldogs have the potential to go through conference play undefeated this coming season. You're right though, we'll see if there are any surprises.

Comment

Looks like Tusculum picked up a former Rivals 3 star and Oregon player in athlete Bruce Judson who could come in instantly and play as he has 4 years of eligibility remaining. Played under Willie Taggart in 2017 redshirting at Oregon before sitting out last year. Had a baby girl back in February so I guess he wanted to stay closer to home and D2 was his best option to do so even though its a 10 hour ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                              Looks like Tusculum picked up a former Rivals 3 star and Oregon player in athlete Bruce Judson who could come in instantly and play as he has 4 years of eligibility remaining. Played under Willie Taggart in 2017 redshirting at Oregon before sitting out last year. Had a baby girl back in February so I guess he wanted to stay closer to home and D2 was his best option to do so even though its a 10 hour ride home.
                              Rarely would I change a ranking based on a transfer, but in this case, I believe Bruce Judson's decision to play at Tusculum is a potential big game changer.

Updated Prediction:

1. Wingate

2. Carson Newman

3. Lenoir Rhyne

4. UNC-Pembroke / Tusculum

6. Newberry

7. Mars Hill

8. Catawba

8. Limestone

9 UVA-Wise

Comment

Ad3