Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2019 SAC Preseason Predictions

they won the game with there offense as best I remember.

Comment

10-team conference is very exciting for the SAC. Here are my choices:

1. Lenior-Rhyne

2. Carson Newman

3. Wingate

4. Tusculum

5. UNC-Pembroke

6. Newberry

7. Catawba

8. Mars Hill

9. UVA-Wise

10. Limestone

Comment

believe Bruce Judson's decision to play at Tusculum is a potential big game changer.
        I too think this will be the year of the Tusc. The Pioneers will finish either 1, 2 or 3 in the SAC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
          <>I too think this will be the year of the Tusc. The Pioneers will finish either 1, 2 or 3 in the SAC this year.
          Yeah well...sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. Those of us who have been around 8 or 9 years ago remember when a big name, Division 1 "Hot dog" transferred to Catawba. Catawba had won the conference the year before and had nearly everyone coming back. Timmy and Tommy were absolutely giddy and Hester told that sports writer at the Salisbury paper (in his unassuming way) that there was a good possibility that the Indians would have an UN season. Didn't happen, the "Hot dog" was hurt in the first game and only played sporadically (and poorly) the rest of the season. If I remember correctly Catawba finished 3rd or 4th that season. The CN guys on here ragged Timmy and Tommy unmercifully. I might have got in a punch or two myself but my memory is not what it used to be.

The moral of this missive is "Don't bet your folding money on a 'hot dog' that may turn out to be a 'BeanieWeenie'."
          Da Bears

Comment

UWG thought the same when a QB transferred from Louisville. He had a cannon but didn't fit our offense at all and the season was a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
              The 2019 SAC Preseason Predictions

Things may change between now and the first scheduled game, but as it stands now, here are the early preseason SAC Football (Conference & Alliance Members)- 2019 predictions:

1. Carson Newman / Wingate (tie)

2. Lenoir Rhyne

3. UNC-Pembroke

4. Newberry

5. Tusculum

6. Mars Hill

7. Catawba

8 UVA-Wise

9. Limestone
              I will say this about CN. A lot of returning starters, a lot of seniors, if they don't do something this year it may not happen for a while.

Last years team underperformed badly, basically entire team that almost made the playoffs in 2017.

Its time for Coach Turner to show he can rebuild a once powerhouse in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
                "..'hot dog' that may turn out to be a 'BeanieWeenie'."
                I don't really know much about Bruce Judson and weather he's a game changer. Maybe yes, maybe No. Wether he is or isn't I he's a wide out so his impact is only as good as the QB getting him the ball. Tusculum has a thrower and they have a good balanced offence so he might make an impact. Also Shippy is one of the best backs in the league. So if you couple better wide-out play with a solid running attack you've got a potent offense.

My point regarding Tusculum wasn't so much about the spash of a new frankfurter to the team rather it was based on looking at how they closed out the season. Their losses seem reasonable. They lost to superior teams in LR and Wingate; the LR game was a blow out but the Wingate game was close-ish. They lost big to Catawba (I'd say because the Dr. Jeckyll version of Catawba showed up that day) and then soundly beat a good CN team. They lost to VMI as was expected but then pulled themselves back together to finish respectable at Wingate. If it weren't for the strange loss to Catawba they would be ranked higher.

Comment

Bruce Judson is a dynamic athlete recruit out of Florida which also excelled at QB. He would always be a threat in D2 operating out of the wildcat position.

Comment

UPDATE

1. Lenoir Rhyne
                    2. Tusculum
                    3. Carson Newman
                    4. Mars Hill
                    5. Wingate
                    6. Newsberry
                    7. Va Wise
                    8. Catawba
                    9. Limestone
                    10 Pembroke
                    Da Bears

Comment

How does UNC-Pembroke go from 3/4 to 10?

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
                        How does UNC-Pembroke go from 3/4 to 10?
                        LOL, consider the source. I'm not sure, but I believe he's always had a h-o about UNCP. He's also got VA-Wise above Cat-U;)

Comment

Updated Rankings, based on transfers and overall team feedback:

1. Carson Newman

2. Wingate

3. Lenoir Rhyne

4. UNC-Pembroke

5. Tusculum

6. Newberry

7. Mars Hill

8. Catawba

9. UVA-Wise

10. Limestone

Comment

Wingate has gone Stealth Mode. There is no information on WU Football anywhere to be found. To compound the situation, Ryan Brown who generated most of the video and written information as Assistant Athletics Director has left the U to pursue his dream. Good luck and God bless him. He will definitely be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by WU Fan View Post
                              Wingate has gone Stealth Mode. There is no information on WU Football anywhere to be found. To compound the situation, Ryan Brown who generated most of the video and written information as Assistant Athletics Director has left the U to pursue his dream. Good luck and God bless him. He will definitely be missed.
                              Brown is the one who brought ESPN to Wingate. Is that where he went? The only thing I have heard about the Bulldogs is what a player wrote on Twitter that all the linebackers dedicate the season to Nick Dixon, the Wingate recruit who pass away on the operating table. That is a noble thing in my opinion.

Comment

Update on Sac predictions LR, Wingate,CN, Tusculum,Newberry,MH, VW&L tie. Cat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X