Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Associate Members

I just heard that Erskine & Barton are joing the SAC as associate members for Football in 22 & 23...Could we have divisions and a Championship game soon?

It's true.

Barton football to become an Associate Member of the South Atlantic Conference in 2022 and 2023

Barton will join the league along with fellow Conference Carolinas member Erskine College. The Bulldogs and the Flying Fleet will be eligible for the league championship and individual awards (Player of the Week and All-South Atlantic Conference) in the 2022 and 2023 campaigns.

In conjunction with the addition of Barton, Emory & Henry, and Erskine, the South Atlantic Conference will look to play a divisional football schedule based on geography with the plan for the two divisional winners to meet in a conference championship game during the final week of the regular season beginning in 2022.
    Barton is still a scheduling partner for the 2021 season. Barton and Erskine will make way for Anderson starting in 2024, dropping the SAC back to 11 teams. Maybe by then the CC will have their 6th football team and start sponsoring football.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post
      I just heard that Erskine & Barton are joing the SAC as associate members for Football in 22 & 23...Could we have divisions and a Championship game soon?
      Yes, there will be divisional play with championship game last week of the season. Wonder what the plan is for 2024 when Anderson starts football, add someone else, CC to have football? Remove one of the associates? Maybe they are expecting a school to leave the conference by 2024.
      Last edited by cneagle99; 06-10-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Additionally, the remaining 10 teams will play cross-over games during the final week of the season. It is a unique concept
        Is... is the SAC not aware that the PSAC exists?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

What's the PSAC????? hahaha (They do it with 16 teams, we are using 12----totally different).

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post

What's the PSAC????? hahaha (They do it with 16 teams, we are using 12----totally different).
            Ah, yes. No one's ever done this with 12 teams. (Except the Midwest Conference, but we all know Division III isn't real.)

Comment

The CIAA has had that format for a long time.

Comment

Ah, yes. No one's ever done this with 12 teams. (Except the Midwest Conference, but we all know Division III isn't real.)
                Well I don't think we know the whole story. The SAC press release specifically limited the membership to 2022 & 2023. We know Anderson is supposed to bring football online in 2024. Is there a new member out there to keep the numbers at 12? Will the associates remain and push the number to 14 (or more)? The Erskine coach was quoted as follows: "We appreciate the SAC including us and look forward to a hopefully long-lasting relationship". Will schools be leaving?

I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by D2football Fanl View Post

The CIAA doesn't do other crossover games the same week as the title game.

Comment

Originally posted by D2football Fanl View Post

The CIAA does play divisional cross-over games in Weeks 4 and 5, but the regular season for teams not competing in Week 11's CIAA title game ends in Week 10.

Still, at least Erskine and Barton have landing spots for a couple of seasons as opposed to having to scrounge up a schedule as independents.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Yes, there will be divisional play with championship game last week of the season. Wonder what the plan is for 2024 when Anderson starts football, add someone else, CC to have football? Remove one of the associates? Maybe they are expecting a school to leave the conference by 2024.
                      Good for the SAC, I love conference championship games. The more the better!

Comment

I too am curious about what will happen in '24. My curiosity is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post

I too am curious about what will happen in '24. My curiosity is up.
                          Hey Saints 21, saw there was a staff change, the recruiting coordinator is gone. What happened? How will the Saints be this year? Coach Turk should have all of his guys with 3 recruiting classes, plus didn't he handle the class as interim before Ierulli came there?

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Hey Saints 21, saw there was a staff change, the recruiting coordinator is gone. What happened? How will the Saints be this year? Coach Turk should have all of his guys with 3 recruiting classes, plus didn't he handle the class as interim before Ierulli came there?
                            I'm out of the loop to be honest. I'm not sure what happened staff-wise. I dont see us winning more than 2-3 games to be honest. If some of the seniors come back for their extra Covid year we could be competitive in a lot of games at least. We just cant seem to turn the corner or get over the hump.

Comment

Well I don't think we know the whole story. The SAC press release specifically limited the membership to 2022 & 2023. We know Anderson is supposed to bring football online in 2024. Is there a new member out there to keep the numbers at 12? Will the associates remain and push the number to 14 (or more)? The Erskine coach was quoted as follows: "We appreciate the SAC including us and look forward to a hopefully long-lasting relationship". Will schools be leaving?

I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility.
                              SAC wants to get to 16 from what I've been told.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X