Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moretz Stadium Update

What is the current status of the stadium?

Comment

The home side bleachers were demolished in spring 2019 because of a structural issue. They've had semi permanent bleachers set up on the home side for the 2019, 2021 spring season and will use them for the upcoming season .

Comment

LR's tore down the stands prior to securing the funding for rebuilding. They're still almost halfway short on what's needed.
        My guess at this point, is that they may have it completed by 2024 or 2025. However, unless they are forced to cut the plans way back, it's going to eventually be a nice stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          LR's tore down the stands prior to securing the funding for rebuilding. They're still almost halfway short on what's needed.
          My guess at this point, is that they may have it completed by 2024 or 2025. However, unless they are forced to cut the plans way back, it's going to eventually be a nice stadium.
          "Groundbreaking is set for this winter." The glass isn't always half empty.

Comment

Nor is the glass always half full. Groundbreaking is common, even if you're around 7 million dollars short of building the 'planned' final structure. It's also used in an effort to raise much needed funding. As time goes on and building costs continue to rise sharply, I can see this project being scaled way way back in hopes of getting things completed.

Comment

Comment

Did you hear this from Andy Anderson, Executive Director of Development for Moretz Stadium? Last report was that the project was still running a little more than 6 million short of what' was originally needed to be fully completed. If they are now going ahead and moving forward with a projected completion date before season starts next season, (which is good for the fans) it's more than likely for a much more scaled back version than what was originally planned. Today's construction, labor, and structural cost has quickly gone up much faster than anyone anticipated, with no end in sight, so understandably, plans change.
                Best of luck.
                Last edited by Eagle74; 09-08-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Did you hear this from Andy Anderson, Executive Director of Development for Moretz Stadium? Last report was that the project was still running a little more than 6 million short of what' was originally needed to be fully completed. If they are now going ahead and moving forward with a projected completion date before season starts next season, (which is good for the fans) it's more than likely for a much more scaled back version than what was originally planned. Today's construction, labor, and structural cost has quickly gone up much faster than anyone anticipated, with no end in sight, so understandably, plans change.
                  Best of luck.
                  I attended the Bears Club dinner when they "publicly" unveiled the Moretz Stadium project and the scuttlebutt was that they very much were approaching the $10,000,000 number. That was the beginning of last month. From conversations I've had they have surpassed that number in the time since. Once again, the glass isn't always half empty.
                  Last edited by BEARS; 09-08-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

So I believe the stadium originally was a six million dollars project and is now 14 so I would assume part of the increase is due to increased building prices. Hopefully things start to level off or retract from there current inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

I attended the Bears Club dinner when they "publicly" unveiled the Moretz Stadium project and the scuttlebutt was that they very much were approaching the $10,000,000 number. That was the beginning of last month. From conversations I've had they have surpassed that number in the time since. Once again, the glass isn't always half empty.
                      The glass is very much half empty in Jefferson City

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post

The glass is very much half empty in Jefferson City
                        Yep, the CN team looks nothing like it did back when it was under Coach Sparks guidance, but the CN football stadium itself is looking GREAT!!

Last edited by Eagle74; 09-09-2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Yep, the CN team looks nothing like it did back when it was under Coach Sparks guidance, but the CN football stadium itself is looking GREAT!!

It is a nice facility with high school visitor bleachers

Comment

Yep, and the visitor's side is usually half way filled (or less) with Bears fans when LR's in town;)

Comment

The visitor bleachers aren't great. There was a plan at one time to make actually seating but that got tossed aside (along with the plans for an indoor practice facility). Visitor seating also never fills up so is the need really there. Home seating doesn't either but unlike other schools C-N has to compete with UT on gamedays unfortunately. Thank the heavens the picture above is outdated and we got rid of that horrific royal blue endzone turf.

Does L-R's "new" stadium still have the concrete seating like they do over at East Burke or is that going to get upgraded to?

Listen, I've said it before that I grew up in Hickory going to L-R games. And despite the fact that I am not a L-R fan, I look at the renovations of the stadium as a positive thing for the University, but for the community especially.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X