Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

The visitor bleachers aren't great. There was a plan at one time to make actually seating but that got tossed aside (along with the plans for an indoor practice facility). Visitor seating also never fills up so is the need really there. Home seating doesn't either but unlike other schools C-N has to compete with UT on gamedays unfortunately. Thank the heavens the picture above is outdated and we got rid of that horrific royal blue endzone turf.

Does L-R's "new" stadium still have the concrete seating like they do over at East Burke or is that going to get upgraded to?

Listen, I've said it before that I grew up in Hickory going to L-R games. And despite the fact that I am not a L-R fan, I look at the renovations of the stadium as a positive thing for the University, but for the community especially.
    Seating has never been concrete, but from what I recall there will be some chairback seating (Bears Club) and typical bench seating not unlike anywhere else as we have had.

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post

Seating has never been concrete, but from what I recall there will be some chairback seating (Bears Club) and typical bench seating not unlike anywhere else as we have had.
      I was mistaken. It's been quite a while since I was at a Bears game and forgot they have the standard metal bleachers. I don't know why I was thinking it was just concrete like over at my old high school. Thanks for the clarification tho!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

The visitor bleachers aren't great. There was a plan at one time to make actually seating but that got tossed aside (along with the plans for an indoor practice facility). Visitor seating also never fills up so is the need really there. Home seating doesn't either but unlike other schools C-N has to compete with UT on gamedays unfortunately. Thank the heavens the picture above is outdated and we got rid of that horrific royal blue endzone turf.

Does L-R's "new" stadium still have the concrete seating like they do over at East Burke or is that going to get upgraded to?

Listen, I've said it before that I grew up in Hickory going to L-R games. And despite the fact that I am not a L-R fan, I look at the renovations of the stadium as a positive thing for the University, but for the community especially.
        That's the one thing I have been most surprised with since Limestone started football is the small crowds by visiting teams but I realize D2 takes a backseat to the UTs, Clemsons, SCs, NCs of the world and it's mostly parents in attendance...I do hope the L-R renovations do include evening out the space between some of the steps on the visitors side, people are often tripping coming up on some places due to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post

That's the one thing I have been most surprised with since Limestone started football is the small crowds by visiting teams but I realize D2 takes a backseat to the UTs, Clemsons, SCs, NCs of the world and it's mostly parents in attendance...I do hope the L-R renovations do include evening out the space between some of the steps on the visitors side, people are often tripping coming up on some places due to this.
          In recent observations, Wingate, WSSU, and UNC-P typically have a pretty good following for their away games.

Comment

My last trip to Wingate and CN I witnessed a full capacity of LR fans in the visitors bleachers. Everyone was enjoying the game day celebration. Also remember packing CN with more fans than the home team had a couple years ago. We brought three full charter buses that year. CN has a great tradition and history in football. Should have won national title against nwms several years ago. That game was an all time classic. Just wish CN running back had stayed in bounds and the game would have been over.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X