Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIMESTONE FIRES RECRUITING COORDINATOR, DL COACH RESIGNS

Just found out there was many coaching changes on the Limestone coaching staff. Limestone's recruiting coordinator Lane Knost was surprisingly fired by Coach Turk last month. Knost was the longest tenured coach on the staff hired when Mike Furrey was named head coach in 2016. Limestone's defensive line coach resigned and took a job at an NAIA school. Cliff Matthews played at South Carolina and played in the NFL for 8 years..... Several other coaching changes were made.... Panic might be taking place for the Saints..... Need a big turnaround this season and being pre-season ranked #7 is not a good sign...

There has been a lot of turnover across all sports, not just Football. I'm not sure what's going on. Several coaches have left to move up to D1 programs. I doubt panic is setting in around the Football program as we generally finish near the bottom of the conference every year anyway.

Comment

Knost has been gone longer than that. His Twitter feed has had Muskingham stuff (new position) since at least the beginning of June, 2+ months ago.

New OLB/defensive pass game coordinator Waymond Jackson: https://golimestonesaints.com/news/2...all-staff.aspx

New TE/recruiting coordinator Logan Hall: https://golimestonesaints.com/news/2...ordinator.aspx

New WR/co-offensive coordinator Doug Saylor: https://golimestonesaints.com/news/2...ordinator.aspx
      Last edited by RedFromMI; 08-06-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I just don't understand what Limestone is doing with their football program. And it honestly seems like the football program doesn't know either.

It honestly feels like every other post by Saints21 and Saints17 is coaching changes or something bad like that. Man!

Comment

One of the current coaches told me the Athletic Director Cerino told head coach Turk to fire Knost. Don't know why.... The AD has always been the problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            One of the current coaches told me the Athletic Director Cerino told head coach Turk to fire Knost. Don't know why.... The AD has always been the problem....
            It sure looks that way if true. Given the amount of head coaches for a young program, not good. Great stadium to play at though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

It sure looks that way if true. Given the amount of head coaches for a young program, not good. Great stadium to play at though.
              Opened in 2008 and constructed at a cost of more than $8 million dollars, "The Reservation" is one of the preeminent high school football stadiums in the South

Comment

I've said it on here before but it bears repeating, adding football at Limestone was a move made by the Board of Trustees. Had it been left solely up to AD Cerino, we would have never added football.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post
                  I've said it on here before but it bears repeating, adding football at Limestone was a move made by the Board of Trustees. Had it been left solely up to AD Cerino, we would have never added football.
                  I thought you've said it before, but i could be mistaken, that Cerino could literally care less essentially about football. All about lacrosse.

Comment

Comment

It's easy to have success in the minor sports if you put a lot of resources in them, because most people don't. It's when you have to put your big boy pants on in football that sets the tone. Just my thoughts.

Comment

My teammates and I would laugh whenever we went into the athletic department staff meeting room and seeing 2 plaques of Cerino on the Athletic Wall of Fame. I guess Cerino's ego needed a 2nd plaque to show everyone how much more special he was than anyone else...

Comment

I heard Knost was a complainer. Don't know if is true but it came from a close friend of Coach Turk. He also said Coach Turk wanted someone loyal to him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X