Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carson-Newman QB

CN social media announced today that Trey Mitchell will be the starting quarterback for the Eagles. He had a good game in CN's one game this past spring. What's the scouting report on him? Is the offense changing with the new regime or will it be more veer?

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
    CN social media announced today that Trey Mitchell will be the starting quarterback for the Eagles. He had a good game in CN's one game this past spring. What's the scouting report on him? Is the offense changing with the new regime or will it be more veer?
    At his size, it doesn't look good for the veer. That's a shame. Sparks and Turner knew the secret. Not sure the new HC does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

At his size, it doesn't look good for the veer. That's a shame. Sparks and Turner knew the secret. Not sure the new HC does.
      If they were running the veer knowing the secret would be great.

Comment

I think the veer offense is saying good-bye at CN. However, I'm sure there will still be some option in their offense but Trey Mitchell is not the type of QB the Eagles has had in the past... Wonder if WR Braxton Westfield is still a part of their team....

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
          I think the veer offense is saying good-bye at CN. However, I'm sure there will still be some option in their offense but Trey Mitchell is not the type of QB the Eagles has had in the past... Wonder if WR Braxton Westfield is still a part of their team....
          His social media seems to indicate he's still on the team. During the 2019 season he was probably the best player in the SAC behind Dugger, if they can figure out how to use him in more of a throwing offense CN could be dangerous. Of course, this all assumes the O-line is able to accommodate a drop back scheme - LR had a huge issue switching schemes when we went pro-style.

Comment

I hope Clowney utilizes Trey Mitchell's talents and doesn't put him in a roll with limited chances of success. If Trey doesn't pair well with Clowney's offense, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him transferring to a different air-raid type program.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

If they were running the veer knowing the secret would be great.
              The veer is the secret. Hard to handle in a week of preparation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X