• Week 4 Game Thread

Week 4 Games
    AWAY (Score) HOME (Score) TIME
    Carson-Newman (7) UVA-Wise (33) FINAL
    Newberry (24) Tusculum (19) FINAL
    Catawba Wingate CANCELLED
    Mars Hill (16) Lenoir-Rhyne (31) FINAL
    Barton (45) Limestone (7) FINAL
    Last edited by cavsfan94; 09-25-2021, 09:16 PM.

I'll take:
    CN
    Newberry
    Wingate
    LR
    Limestone

Comment

I agree with your picks. LR and Mars Hill may just be the most important game of the bunch. It may make or break LR's season. The Bears can not afford another defeat and retain any hope of making the playoffs, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Limestone will be without its starting QB, Noller, due to a concussion. I'm not sure who the starter will be, but we have no other QBs on the roster with any experience.

Comment

I think Newberry wins, but I wouldn't be stunned if they had a let down and the Pioneers picked em off.

Comment

Catawba at Wingate has been cancelled due to COVID issues in the Catawba program :(

Comment

That's a shame--it obviously was going to be an uphill battle (to put it lightly) for Catawba but I was excited to have seen how far they had come since the spring matchup. Oh well.

Comment

Wise is taking C-N to the shed. Dear God make it end.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post
                  Limestone will be without its starting QB, Noller, due to a concussion. I'm not sure who the starter will be, but we have no other QBs on the roster with any experience.
                  Going to have to rely on our running game which as been disappointing to pull out a win tonight. Patton didn't play in the first game in our loss against North Greenville. Why didn't he play?? Heard he might have been suspended but another source told me he was injured. What did you hear???

Patton was a pre-season All-SAC first team running back and was splitting time with McAfee. Gained only 34 yards against Tusculum last week. Really got to step up running the ball tonight....

Comment

Way to go Cavs!

Comment

Regardless, the Saints have had multiple recruiting classes, and currently getting blown out 45-0 by Barton in the 3rd quarter. A 2nd year program. Ouch.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post

Going to have to rely on our running game which as been disappointing to pull out a win tonight. Patton didn't play in the first game in our loss against North Greenville. Why didn't he play?? Heard he might have been suspended but another source told me he was injured. What did you hear???

Patton was a pre-season All-SAC first team running back and was splitting time with McAfee. Gained only 34 yards against Tusculum last week. Really got to step up running the ball tonight....
                          I was told he had a hamstring injury at NGU. He didn't start tonite & played sparingly. I think there is something else going on.
                          After watching tonite's performance I really have no words. I've seen all but 6 games in the program's history and tonite may have been the worst performance I've seen.

Comment

I was told he had a hamstring injury at NGU. He didn't start tonite & played sparingly. I think there is something else going on.
                            After watching tonite's performance I really have no words. I've seen all but 6 games in the program's history and tonite may have been the worst performance I've seen.
                            That is a large statement. Such a shame, saw that it was Homecoming. Given the current situation, you'd have to look at how did Limestone get here? No .500 or winning seasons since the program's inception. Multiple coaches. This school is located in a recruiting hotbed in SC. So, if no coach has been successful, then how are they deciding what coaches to hire???? The Saints are now plenty past the Ierulli regime, which was very short lived. It's perplexing. Football is a different animal compared to other sports, it doesn't matter if you are successful in those other sports. It's all about football, especially in this part of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

That is a large statement. Such a shame, saw that it was Homecoming. Given the current situation, you'd have to look at how did Limestone get here? No .500 or winning seasons since the program's inception. Multiple coaches. This school is located in a recruiting hotbed in SC. So, if no coach has been successful, then how are they deciding what coaches to hire???? The Saints are now plenty past the Ierulli regime, which was very short lived. It's perplexing. Football is a different animal compared to other sports, it doesn't matter if you are successful in those other sports. It's all about football, especially in this part of the country.
                              The problem is commitment/investment. I agree about football being different. You can't give football the same/equal support of other sports. Although we are 3 seasons past the Ierulli disaster, we haven't recovered. In my opinion, that bad hire set the program back to where we were at day 1, starting over from scratch. When he was fired, Turk was named interim and I don't believe there was a legitimate search before Turk being named the HC going forward. Our AD should have had to answer to the President (or someone) for all of that but he didn't.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X