Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Fayetteville State is 4-1 and will likely win their next 4 games. That will give Bowie a very nice SOS bump when they meet in the CIAA championship game.

Chowan is stuck when it comes to SOS. They need to be Mars Hill's biggest cheerleader.
    Fayetteville State is 4-1 against absolutely nothing though. I mean honestly lets look at their schedule. The ranking of the team is where I have them in my rankings nationally.
    • Elizabeth City (ranked 150 of 168), won by 41.
    • Wingate (ranked 11th), lost by 19 and weren't competitive.
    • Virginia State (111th), won by 14
    • Lincoln (166th), won by 37
    • Shaw (87th), won by 3
    They close the year with 162nd ranked Johnson C. Smith, 165th ranked St. Aug, 161st ranked Livingstone, and 153rd ranked WSSU. They'll be 8-1 and would have an average win rank of 144.4. That is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Fayetteville State is 4-1 against absolutely nothing though. I mean honestly lets look at their schedule. The ranking of the team is where I have them in my rankings nationally.
      • Elizabeth City (ranked 150 of 168), won by 41.
      • Wingate (ranked 11th), lost by 19 and weren't competitive.
      • Virginia State (111th), won by 14
      • Lincoln (166th), won by 37
      • Shaw (87th), won by 3
      They close the year with 162nd ranked Johnson C. Smith, 165th ranked St. Aug, 161st ranked Livingstone, and 153rd ranked WSSU. They'll be 8-1 and would have an average win rank of 144.4. That is atrocious.
      I never said it was 4-1 against good teams, but how far down the rabbit hole does SOS go? I thought SOS just looked at the record of teams played. So if Bowie plays an 8-1 Fayetteville State won't that just show up as 8-1, and not be impacted by the teams that FSU earned the 8-1 against? Which in turn also continues to help Wingate's SOS?

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I never said it was 4-1 against good teams, but how far down the rabbit hole does SOS go? I thought SOS just looked at the record of teams played. So if Bowie plays an 8-1 Fayetteville State won't that just show up as 8-1, and not be impacted by the teams that FSU earned the 8-1 against? Which in turn also continues to help Wingate's SOS?
        I always thought there was a formula where they looked at your opponents opponents record as well and that factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

I always thought there was a formula where they looked at your opponents opponents record as well and that factored in.
          Got it. I honestly have no idea so was hoping for some insight. I understand the basics of the SOS formula, but just never really understood how far into the opponents they actually look.

Comment

SOS is 2/3 opponents' records and 1/3 opponents' opponents' records. Note that games against you do not count in the "opponents' records" part.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              SOS is 2/3 opponents' records and 1/3 opponents' opponents' records. Note that games against you do not count in the "opponents' records" part.
              If anyone would know it'd be this guy. Kudos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X