Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Picked up broadcast for several other games (from other conferences) this week, and by far CN's was well below par in comparison. Hopefully they review the broadcast feed and work on some things to improve the quality, like focusing more on the actual plays, and steadying the cameras so viewers don't get nauseous while trying to watch (aside from what's happening on the field).
    They have year in and year out won awards across the country for their broadcast and other SID "stuff".

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

They have year in and year out won awards across the country for their broadcast and other SID "stuff".
      Please name the awards from across the country for their broadcast and other SID "stuff" (as it pertains to football live stream). I would love to check the legitimacy of all these "awards" given year in and year out.
      Last edited by Eagle74; 10-31-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Please name the awards from across the country for their broadcast and other SID "stuff". I would love to check the legitimacy of all these "awards" given year in and year out.
        They have gotten several awards from CoSIDA amongst others. I don't have them exactly but I know Cav and his team have been recognized many times for their hard work and the product they put forward. There isnt anyone in the SAC that does better.

I think they could have ESPN level quality and youd hate it

Comment

They have gotten several awards from CoSIDA amongst others. I don't have them exactly but I know Cav and his team have been recognized many times for their hard work and the product they put forward. There isnt anyone in the SAC that does better.

I think they could have ESPN level quality and youd hate it
          So, CoSIDA gave out around 43 awards, just this year, and CN wasn't included. I was looking for any credible award based solely on the football broadcast feed, nothing else.

Wrong again, If it was anywhere close to ESPN level quality, I'd absolutely love it.

To be fair, maybe the weather was playing a roll in Saturday's broadcast feed.

Comment

So, CoSIDA gave out around 43 awards, just this year, and CN wasn't included. I was looking for any credible award based solely on the football broadcast feed, nothing else.

Wrong again, If it was anywhere close to ESPN level quality, I'd absolutely love it.

To be fair, maybe the weather was playing a roll in Saturday's broadcast feed.
            I never said this year.

Is it perfect no, but saying its JV level is an overreaction. Nobody else in our league has as good of a broadcast in my opinion and I think it is one of the better ones in D2. My only complaint is I think Michael tries way to hard sometimes,, but hey SEC network likes him. Cav is great.

The weather sucked this past weekend.. i don't know enough about how camera work to know if it has any effect on it, but it was miserable. Rain was cold, and just when you thought your body had adjusted to the cold you'd get a shot of wind that made you wanna swear.

Comment

I do have a question for you Eagle, because I wanna get your perspective of a question I was asked by a fellow Alum and Eagle Club member (IDK what your connection is to the school so I thought I'd ask).

I know you aren't a fan of this coaching staff. But how much of this year could also be on Mike Turners failure to recruit or is this whole year on Clowney and the current staff?

like I said,, just a question someone asked me and I wanted to see what you thought

Comment

Comment

I do have a question for you Eagle, because I wanna get your perspective of a question I was asked by a fellow Alum and Eagle Club member (IDK what your connection is to the school so I thought I'd ask).

I know you aren't a fan of this coaching staff. But how much of this year could also be on Mike Turners failure to recruit or is this whole year on Clowney and the current staff?

like I said,, just a question someone asked me and I wanted to see what you thought
                  With around 61 Seniors and Juniors on the roster, Coach Turner didn't exactly leave the cupboards bare. This includes the top 2 WRs, top 2 RBs, and top 2 defensive players, so there's lots of experience on this year's team. What's a bit worrisome is number of Seniors in skill positions that will need to be replaced going into next season.

As far as the coaching staff, I'm not pointing fingers, as I don't know what underlying factors may be involved, and can possibly be resolved moving forward.

Comment

The weather sucked this past weekend.. i don't know enough about how camera work to know if it has any effect on it, but it was miserable. Rain was cold, and just when you thought your body had adjusted to the cold you'd get a shot of wind that made you wanna swear.
                    I'm giving the benefit of doubt that the actual problem I kept having was related to a problem with my own internet, as I've had a couple of issues since the game.

Comment

With around 61 Seniors and Juniors on the roster, Coach Turner didn't exactly leave the cupboards bare. This includes the top 2 WRs, top 2 RBs, and top 2 defensive players, so there's lots of experience on this year's team. What's a bit worrisome is number of Seniors in skill positions that will need to be replaced going into next season.

As far as the coaching staff, I'm not pointing fingers, as I don't know what underlying factors may be involved, and can possibly be resolved moving forward.
                      Mike Turner did a great job and there was lots of talent when he left. To me, this is solely on Clowney , the recruiting, and the altering of one of the most explosive offenses consistently in D2 for a long time.

Comment

You CN fans need to appreciate they type of football coverage you get, especially at the D2 level. Just compare your football coverage compared to Limestone. Our coverage consists of game notes after the game on Saturday and on Thursday we will get a preview of the upcoming game.... THAT'S IT!!! No player articles all season..... No insight to game plan or player progress by any of the coaches........ NOTHING!!!!! However, if Athletic Director Mike Cerino does something, there will be full-coverage by his hand-picked SID office.... Remember, he's the only person at Limestone to be on the Wall of Fame twice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                          You CN fans need to appreciate they type of football coverage you get, especially at the D2 level. Just compare your football coverage compared to Limestone. Our coverage consists of game notes after the game on Saturday and on Thursday we will get a preview of the upcoming game.... THAT'S IT!!! No player articles all season..... No insight to game plan or player progress by any of the coaches........ NOTHING!!!!! However, if Athletic Director Mike Cerino does something, there will be full-coverage by his hand-picked SID office.... Remember, he's the only person at Limestone to be on the Wall of Fame twice!!!!
                          Going to go out on a limb and say this Cerino guy STINKS lol

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                            Never mind that any AD handpicks the SID office...

That is one of their jobs. Actually Limestone has been operating with one less person in the SID office with the departure of Jordan Parry for DI Gardner Webb late summer, and Michael Sanders left recently to become the head SID at Newberry College. That makes them down by two. They look like they have one replacement about in place, but operating short handed with the large number of sports at Limestone is not going to produce all that extra information.

If you looked at the Twitter feed for the Saints, you would see that there are very regularly features of a senior on the team as well as past players.

Comment

We had a mic/line mix up on Saturday which produced a noticeable hum throughout the video stream. Apologies to anyone watching, but thank you for tuning in all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cavalier View Post
                                We had a mic/line mix up on Saturday which produced a noticeable hum throughout the video stream. Apologies to anyone watching, but thank you for tuning in all the same.
                                No problem at all. That, combined with problems with my internet causing excessive buffering, made for a bad day to try and watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X