Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Carson-Newman program

Last edited by CNCEagle97; 10-17-2021, 12:40 PM.

It seems to me as though, for the most part, people have been looking the other way while this historically successful and proud program has come completely off it's rails without much or any potential of rebounding back. Who would have though that the program would reach a point where every team in the CIAA (along with D3 Brevard College) probably wishes they would have scheduled CN for their homecoming games this season.

Notes should be taken from upstart Barton College, where Coach Chip Hester has quickly made a team made up of predominantly Freshmen and Redshirt Freshmen extremely competitive at the D2 level. Don't get me wrong, the Eagles have plenty of talented players on the team, and they shouldn't in any way be baring the brunt of what's presently going on. I wish them the very best, as I'm sure they didn't foresee the direction this program has taken.

Comment

It was hard to evaluate the CN players during LR game for most of the Eagles looked to be going thru the motions. Hinge 750 yards of offense for Bears. It is very hard to motivate players in CN situation. LR was in this position several years ago and it seems like we had an AD and President problem. Though situation that actually reminds me of the Vols football debacle lately. Not easy finding the right coach to rebuild a storied program like the Eagles. Maybe consult with Carl Torbush if he is interested in helping.

Comment

With a small smile on my face, I would like to offer a solution to the CN problem. Take over the contracts of the entire LR Coaching staff immediately. Please.
        That way you could make not one but two alumni associations extremely happy.

Comment

Look, there's no way that a program with the talent it had, the tradition, and coming off Mike Turner's last season should be in this situation. Covid or no Covid. There were two years to recruit. I hate to say it, but, it likely starts at the top. 30 years of success with the Veer is not appealing to some people. The blueprint was there. But, some people like to think being like everyone else is the way to go. It's clearly not. But, they dabbled enough with other stuff to ruin what they had. I'd say a clear evaluation needs to take place. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Don't worry CN fans, you'll beat Limestone. You think your program is in bad shape...just wait until you see us in action.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
              With a small smile on my face, I would like to offer a solution to the CN problem. Take over the contracts of the entire LR Coaching staff immediately. Please.
              That way you could make not one but two alumni associations extremely happy.
              I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by LR1891 View Post

I approve this message!
                I'll give them some credit...that was pretty funny.

Comment

I am still processing Saturday. I have defended the school and their decision to hire Mike, but it seems like we have fallen a long way off since Week 2. I'll post once I gather what I am thinking/feeling. I don't like it.

Comment

I think I can sum up my feelings based on two things I was told today. One by a player and one by someone else.

1. "We Have no identity on offense.. trying to do too much and we don't even know what were doing....defenses can read what were doing on offense before the balls snapped"

2. Apparaently lots of yelling in the huddles. And Clowney apparently told players if they don't want to give the effort to go sit on the bench or go to the locker room.

Thats just what I was told. Idk it for fact.

Comment

I've never seen an AD on the practice field preparing players for their next game.
                      I've never seen an AD calling offensive plays or setting defense alignments.
                      I've never seen an AD call out the starting players for each position.
                      I've never seen an AD determine which players would be best for leading the team.
                      I've never seen an AD on a recruiting visit, or meet with a potential recruit about attending the school.
                      I've never evaluated a loss and determined that the AD made the wrong decisions during a game.
                      I've never celebrated a win and said that the AD really had the players motivated throughout the game.
                      I've never seen a team where its identity has been defined by an AD.

Unless the AD cut practice hours, or put in place excessive academic requirements for participation, or cut the number of athletic scholarships, he has little involvement in the overall success of failure of a team. The finger of responsibility should be pointing in another direction.

Comment

I have seen an AD hire the wrong coach which led to all things going wrong with the team. I have seen an AD fire a coach for the wrong reasons and create disarray among the team. I have seen an AD not incorporate proper discipline on a coaches behavior and team attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                          I have seen an AD hire the wrong coach which led to all things going wrong with the team. I have seen an AD fire a coach for the wrong reasons and create disarray among the team. I have seen an AD not incorporate proper discipline on a coaches behavior and team attitude.
                          So do you believe any of these examples apply in CN's present situation, and if so, what do you think is the best solution?

Comment

I definitely think there is a coaching problem at CN right now. They need to decide what offense they want to run and hire a coordinator for that purpose. CN has al ways been very successful running the veer so I would lean in that direction. CN has had the same two coaches before this current hire for like thirty or more years so changing over to new breed might just be a time tested process of three or more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                              I definitely think there is a coaching problem at CN right now.
                              Hummmmm, interesting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X