Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Makes me wonder what Coach Bryson Rosser's doing these days. He could be a huge asset in helping the program (in any capacity) moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
        Makes me wonder what Coach Bryson Rosser's doing these days. He could be a huge asset in helping the program (in any capacity) moving forward.
        Assistant Coach and Offensive Coordinator at some high school in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Assistant Coach and Offensive Coordinator at some high school in Boston.
          That's to bad, I believe Coach Bryson Rosser, with all of his connections and personality, would be a great recruiter for the Eagles.

Comment

I don't know--whoever Catawba hires to do their feed is fantastic, surprisingly so. From multiple camera angles/quality of cameras and replays to pretty good graphics and the best announcers I've heard on any stream so far who are knowledgeable, entertaining, and most importantly, neutral (not to mention one of the guys sounds like he's from the old 2K NFL games). It's not done in-house and there was a home game where they didn't have them and it was just a single videocamera feed that sometimes didn't follow the ball very well with no audio so that sucked but when they have the good crew there it's great.

Comment

But at the same time not building depth by letting players leave without trying to include them.

Comment

Not sure if Coach Carl Torbush (a proud CN Alum) would be willing to step in and offer help (in any capacity) to the struggling Eagle's football program, but after reading a 2019 article in the Salisbury Post about Coach Torbush, unfortunately I now have my doubts.

Using an ole poker analogy, Gentleman Coach Torbush always knew when to hold them and when to fold them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  Not sure if Coach Carl Torbush (a proud CN Alum) would be willing to step in and offer help (in any capacity) to the struggling Eagle's football program, but after reading a 2019 article in the Salisbury Post about Coach Torbush, unfortunately I now have my doubts.

Using an ole poker analogy, Gentleman Coach Torbush always knew when to hold them and when to fold them.
                  I had this conversation the other day. We both agreed that Torbush would be a tremendous asset, but I bet Coach Torbush is more than content with waking up and doing whatever he dang well feels like without having a schedule, etc.

Comment

Came here looking for some serious answers to what is going on at CNU. I moved away over a decade ago and haven't followed the program very closely since then. From the outside looking in, my observations are as follows:
                    • Mike Turner did a fine job on the field with his three years as HC, but I also think you spent those three years doubling down on his offense, and then burned three consecutive recruiting classes who were recruited to run it. Those would have been your 3rd, 4th, and 5th-year players in 2021.
                    • It was fun seeing C-N put up video game numbers on the ground as it once did, but for the long term future, I think leaving the veer was the right choice. More and more recruits are hanging their hopes on getting a shot at pro football some day, and with the exception of a few track stars, C-N hasn't produced much offensive talent lately at the next level.
                    • I read in this thread that maybe injuries were partly to blame for this season, and I sympathize with that. Injuries should drop a 9-2 team to 6-5 or 5-6 though, not 1-9. Every team has its share. In an extremely unlucky year they should cost you 3 or 4 games, not 7-8.
                    • If it were only the offense that suffered, there'd be a silver lining to the season, but the defense was also historically bad. There's less to say about that side of the ball since you have unquestionably one of the best defensive staffs in D2 football. Have to believe you either didn't recruit very well on that side under Turner, as someone suggested earlier in the thread, or just didn't retain many of the guys you recruited, due to having two coaching changes in three years, with Covid as a compounding factor.
                    • If attrition of players due to coaching changes is the real reason for this decline, as I suspect, then we should see a gradual resurgence over the next couple years. If Clowney has been recruiting up to the level of C-N, I would expect 4 or 5 wins next year, with a winning record in 2023. There's still 30+ players on the roster from Signing Day 2020, which is pretty darn good for D2 and a positive sign for the future. From the outside looking in, he's done a fine job at the recruiting aspect. Hopefully 1-9 doesn't derail that.
                    Is any of this accurate? What does it look like to you guys now with a full season in the books?

Comment

Comment

I reviewed the C-N 2018 signing class, but only on the defensive side, which (depending on life choices to use 4-5 years of eligibility) would have been this past year's veterans. There were like 3 or 4 who stuck around. Each of the defensive veterans remaining from that class were solid contributors this year, but the rest of the seniors on defense were made up of transfers who at best had three years in the system, and only two on the field. Just noticing things.
                        Last edited by ccmoney8; 01-08-2022, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X