• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massey Playoff Projections

Super Region 1
    1st Round
    #2 Shepherd def. Findlay, 35-29.
    #3 Notre Dame def. Slippery Rock, 35-30.
    #4 New Haven def. Bentley, 26-21.

2nd Round
    #1 Kutztown def. #4 Notre Dame, 21-13.
    #2 Shepherd def. #3 Notre Dame, 35-34.

Regional Final
    #2 Shepherd def. #1 Kutztown, 31-27.

Super Region 2
    1st Round
    Lenoir-Rhyne def. #2 Bowie State, 34-20.
    #3 West Florida def. Newberry, 40-20.
    West Georgia def. #4 Albany State, 21-13.

2nd Round
    #1 Valdosta State def. West Georgia, 34-27.
    #3 West Florida def. Lenoir-Rhyne, 38-28.

Regional Final
    #1 Valdosta State def. #3 West Florida 37-34.

Super Region 3
    1st Round
    #2 Harding def. Washburn, 30-23.
    #3 Northwest Missouri def. Central Washington, 38-17.
    #4 Grand Valley def. Lindenwood, 34-24.

2nd Round
    #1 Ferris State def. #4 Grand Valley, 34-28.
    #3 Northwest Missouri def. #2 Harding, 27-20.

???????Regional Final
    #3 Northwest Missouri def. #1 Ferris State, 30-24.

Super Region 4
    1st Round
    #2 Angelo State def. Minnesota Duluth, 34-20.
    Nebraska-Kearney def. #3 Western Colorado, 31-21.
    #4 Augustana def. Bemidji State, 35-27.

2nd Round
    #1 Colorado Mines def. #4 Augustana, 30-24.
    #2 Angelo State def. Nebraska-Kearney, 28-27*

???????Regional Final
    #1 Colorado Mines def. #2 Angelo State, 25-24.

Comment

Comment

I really like playing devils advocate on your post, all in good fun. LR vs UWF was below 4K last year. But that game was probably the first Saturday after finals and such. Thats why playoff games kinda stink with attendance. We played a game during Thanksgiving once and it was a ghost town.

Obviously CN attendance has stunk for a decade but unlike LR, the Eagles have to battle with UT for attendance. People would rather go to Vol games or watch parties than go to CN games. That and most, 95%, of faculty and staff don't go to games. Most students don't either. Largely in part to UT.

Comment

Last edited by BEARS; 11-15-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

App State is not equal to UT. SEC football is a different animal. Not even close. I grew up in Hickory, and have been to several L-R games, unless you were an alum or serious fan, people didn't drive up to App games and have ginormous watch parties. As big as ACC basketball is in North Carolina, it does not hold a candle to SEC football. It's like a dang cult.

Comment

I was posting my other comment from my phone about the same time you posted yours and did not see it.

Comment

We do compete with App, but it's not nearly as much of a draw as UT is. One of the biggest reasons for the success in attendance is that the Hickory area is behind this team. Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton area has 350,000 people, obviously not nearly all LR people (would venture to say App is the biggest fan base in the area) but still a significant amount of people invested. Went out after the game and saw lots of people wearing LR stuff and discussing the game. First game at the new stadium next year is going to be a HUGE deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                    We do compete with App, but it's not nearly as much of a draw as UT is. One of the biggest reasons for the success in attendance is that the Hickory area is behind this team. Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton area has 350,000 people, obviously not nearly all LR people (would venture to say App is the biggest fan base in the area) but still a significant amount of people invested. Went out after the game and saw lots of people wearing LR stuff and discussing the game. First game at the new stadium next year is going to be a HUGE deal.
                    You do not compete with App in the same way though. Yes, probably a very small amount People in that area may be App fans (probably since the three-peat, which is when the school dropped their academic standards and went full-fledged football school and saw applications go up 300%), but you stated what it is. People in Hickory are now (over the past decade) invested in L-R football. That's an advantage they have over here. C-N is not a community team. Unless you are an alum, Eagle club member, or have some connection to the school a majority of people don't come to games. They'd rather get together and watch the Volunturds. That is a compliment to L-R, don't take it otherwise.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Mule; 11-15-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I twitched just reading Josh Justice's name....

Comment

About 3 or 4 years ago before my parents moved from Hickory and moved up here to be with us, Dad and a friend and I went to an L-R game solely to have something to do. When we pulled up and a family with a tent and about 10 boxes of Bojangles invited us to eat with them I knew it was going to be a good day. You can't get get Bojangles here, I swear it taste better in NC. Kind of like Popeyes is better in Louisiana. We lived there while I was in graduate school.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof;n628204[I
                              ]Sure wish we had the home game in po for we normally fill up the stands or have over 7 thousand in attendance[/I].. and our 18 million stadium renovation is starting today. .
                              Wow, talking about looking through homer rose colored glasses!! This stuff reminds me of when the little kid down the street told me that his dad's SUV is twice as fast as a jet!

Lenoir Rhyne's recent home playoff game's attendance hasn't been any thing to crow about.

LR home playoff attendance

LR vs Miles 1,074
                              LR vs CN 2,547 (excellent weather)
                              LR vs Florida Tech 2,436
                              LR vs Wingate 3,121
                              LR vs West Florida 3,944 (I recall that the Argonauts brought a good crowd.)

As far as the new stadium, as of right now, the renovations funding is way way below the anticipated 15 million (around half) check with the AD for correct figures. They are still trying to secure funding for a scaled back version of the original plans. Plans and actual reality differ quite a bit.

Also, lets be real, LR's extremely exaggerated attendance figures have been an ongoing joke around the SAC for years now.

I wish the Bears luck, but come on now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X