Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Wow, talking about looking through homer rose colored glasses!! This stuff reminds me of when the little kid down the street told me that his dad's SUV is twice as fast as a jet!

Lenoir Rhyne's recent home playoff game's attendance hasn't been any thing to crow about.

LR home playoff attendance

LR vs Miles 1,074
    LR vs CN 2,547 (excellent weather)
    LR vs Florida Tech 2,436
    LR vs Wingate 3,121
    LR vs West Florida 3,944 (I recall that the Argonauts brought a good crowd.)

As far as the new stadium, as of right now, the renovations funding is way way below the anticipated 15 million (around half) check with the AD for correct figures. They are still trying to secure funding for a scaled back version of the original plans. Plans and actual reality differ quite a bit.

Also, lets be real, LR's extremely exaggerated attendance figures have been an ongoing joke around the SAC for years now.

I wish the Bears luck, but come on now.
    They have had the $15m in hand for weeks now. I spoke with the president of the university at homecoming who confirmed along with multiple others at the university. Construction literally started today. Spreading disinformation is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

They have had the $15m in hand for weeks now. I spoke with the president of the university at homecoming who confirmed along with multiple others at the university. Construction literally started today. Spreading disinformation is bad.
      Correct, So the quoted 18 million is incorrect? Please show where it's quoted that the 15 million is now in hand. Things must have drastically changed in the past few weeks.
      Is the same person counting the funding that has been raised also the same one who reports the home attendance? Not to long ago some friends and I attended a game there and the stadium was over half empty, but yet the box score reported that it was nearly a sellout. Hummmmm.

Comment

Please show us any game in recent history where LR had 8,500 in their home attendance. It's not hard to check out the box scores (even when exaggerated).

Comment

$18m has never been the number.

Comment

Return to the cellar Eagle74

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
              $18m has never been the number.
              Bearhof QUOTE: "Great atmosphere all around and our 18 million stadium renovation is starting today. Going to be a lot of improvement especially with bathrooms"

On a side note, I'm glad to hear that all the bathrooms will be updated, hopefully to also include soap and paper towels.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Please show us any game in recent history where LR had 8,500 in their home attendance. It's not hard to check out the box scores (even when exaggerated).
                My mistake on attendance number. Both games I attended had lots of folks everywhere. My point was that the game day atmosphere and fans are great at LR.

Comment

Comment

Well If we got 15 Million the Moretz and Broyhills should be good for 4 or 5 million more. So don't worry about numbers. We got enough money -or can get more than enough-to build a Michigan State stadium if we want to. We got new buildings, new degrees, new post doctor degree profeesers, new computer science and on and on. We are the class of SAC and nobody close. We can get all the 3 and 4 star football players from all over the country. They want to come play for LR. We don't even have to recruit, a lot come to us wanting to get on the team. We could go D1 but we are going to get a D2 championship first is what the President said. As for attendance we always have more in the stands than they put in box scores. The SID department don't want the other teams in the SAC to get discouraged so they don't count Bear club and some student groups. Honest numbers is usually around 8,000-8,500 we draw 10,00 for big games. But the box score will show 4,500. We got the biggest and best band and half time in the SAC you all cannot dispute that FACT. So our game day experience is number 1 like that young boy wrote. he is not as dumb as he writes, trust me. He has a degree from LR
                    Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
                      Well If we got 15 Million the Moretz and Broyhills should be good for 4 or 5 million more. So don't worry about numbers. We got enough money -or can get more than enough-to build a Michigan State stadium if we want to. We got new buildings, new degrees, new post doctor degree profeesers, new computer science and on and on. We are the class of SAC and nobody close. We can get all the 3 and 4 star football players from all over the country. They want to come play for LR. We don't even have to recruit, a lot come to us wanting to get on the team. We could go D1 but we are going to get a D2 championship first is what the President said. As for attendance we always have more in the stands than they put in box scores. The SID department don't want the other teams in the SAC to get discouraged so they don't count Bear club and some student groups. Honest numbers is usually around 8,000-8,500 we draw 10,00 for big games. But the box score will show 4,500. We got the biggest and best band and half time in the SAC you all cannot dispute that FACT. So our game day experience is number 1 like that young boy wrote. he is not as dumb as he writes, trust me. He has a degree from LR
                      If anyone ever thinks Bearhof is a homer, you miss the classics from Ursidae lol. He says hold my Sun Drop and watch this

Comment

Unrelated to anything but I want to rant,, but ESPN......God that network is trash. No original content, the dump all their best talent and then ostracize people who don't do things "the ESPN way". That or ban their people from going on other peoples shows because ESPN is jealous they can't put out good content. And they give more air time to people who literally throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. And whats bad is FS1 isn't much better. Stooges like Nick Wright, who wouldn't know a pickle from a pork chop.

You give Bearhof and I half an hour and we could come yp with 10 ideas better than anything ESPN had produced in a decade.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X