• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC Playoffs Game Thread

1st Round Games
    AWAY (Score) HOME (Score) TIME
    Lenoir-Rhyne (10) Bowie State (31) FINAL
    Newberry (33) West Florida (30) FINAL | OT
    Last edited by cavsfan94; 11-20-2021, 04:41 PM.

Don't forget Albany St. vs West Georgia. Also at 1pm.

#BlazerNation

Comment

- The Bears have been up in the DMV since Thursday preparing for this game. They practiced off the blueline in Springfield, VA before heading to their walkthrough in Bowie last night. They come into this game very hot, hitting hard on offense and defense. Bowie has a slight advantage in points allowed and a significant advantage in yards allowed per game (100 less than the Bears). LR, on the other hand is outpacing the Dawgs by over 100 yards per game on offense and 6 points per game. This game is going to be won or lost when the Bears have the ball. I enjoyed Chuck's assessment that if LR is patient they will win this one. I think this fits in well with what LR likes to do on offense with its running game to set up the pass. We are not going to score on every possession, but so long as we keep feeding McGee and take what we can in the pass game I think LR's offense has the stability to see this one through. 23-13, LR in a slugfest.

- I so want Newberry to be competitive in this one. As we've seen of the Wolves throughout the years, they go hot and cold as the wind blows. This Newberry team seems to have mostly put that stereotype behind them, albeit with a few hiccups here and there. They have an impressive running game and I like the way Dre Harris has composed himself this year, Newberry have the potential to be a dangerous team. Unfortunately they may be running into the buzzsaw. The West Florida quarterback was the best offensive player I've seen in Division 2 when he came up to LR in 2019. I genuinely thought that if it wasn't for the Argos that we would have won the national championship that year. He slings the ball from all angles and has the ability to convert first down and touchdowns on almost every play. The defense hasn't been putting up great numbers, which may be Newberry's ticket to competing in this one. If Newberry are to be competitive it'll almost certainly be in a shootout fashion. I think they are competitive, but UWF has too much. 49-35.

Comment

LR
        W FL

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
          - The Bears have been up in the DMV since Thursday preparing for this game. They practiced off the blueline in Springfield, VA before heading to their walkthrough in Bowie last night. They come into this game very hot, hitting hard on offense and defense. Bowie has a slight advantage in points allowed and a significant advantage in yards allowed per game (100 less than the Bears). LR, on the other hand is outpacing the Dawgs by over 100 yards per game on offense and 6 points per game. This game is going to be won or lost when the Bears have the ball. I enjoyed Chuck's assessment that if LR is patient they will win this one. I think this fits in well with what LR likes to do on offense with its running game to set up the pass. We are not going to score on every possession, but so long as we keep feeding McGee and take what we can in the pass game I think LR's offense has the stability to see this one through. 23-13, LR in a slugfest.

- I so want Newberry to be competitive in this one. As we've seen of the Wolves throughout the years, they go hot and cold as the wind blows. This Newberry team seems to have mostly put that stereotype behind them, albeit with a few hiccups here and there. They have an impressive running game and I like the way Dre Harris has composed himself this year, Newberry have the potential to be a dangerous team. Unfortunately they may be running into the buzzsaw. The West Florida quarterback was the best offensive player I've seen in Division 2 when he came up to LR in 2019. I genuinely thought that if it wasn't for the Argos that we would have won the national championship that year. He slings the ball from all angles and has the ability to convert first down and touchdowns on almost every play. The defense hasn't been putting up great numbers, which may be Newberry's ticket to competing in this one. If Newberry are to be competitive it'll almost certainly be in a shootout fashion. I think they are competitive, but UWF has too much. 49-35.
          At least the Bears got somewhere nice to practice. Cn had to do a walk through in a hotel ball room after 2 other locations got nixed.

I like the Bears by 10, but it will be extremely close. Bowie will throw a pick six or something late to take the lead and LR will make the score look wider than the game.. Bowie is physical, and that is not a fun place to play. Hopefully the weather isn't as miserable.

I said it on the GSC page, but I think the Wolves are going to get the brakes beat of em and lose by 4 scores.

Comment

I would proudly admit I was apparently dead wrong.

Comment

Them Dogs is ROLLING

Comment

Comment

Wow, just goes to show that Fayetteville State was actually more deserving of going to the playoffs. They gave Bowie State a much closer game.

Comment

Does Willingham graduate? I swear it seems like he has been there for 6 or 7 years lol. Good player and from what my peeps in Hickory say a good kid.

Comment

Bulldogs taking respect, one school at a time. Congrats on a great season L-R. Nothing to be ashamed of. That BSU defense is playing out of its mind

Comment

Newberry!

Comment

So proud of that team. To battle back, on the road, vs the defending National Champions and win in overtime. I can't wait on the welcome home party.

Comment

Well I was 0-2 in picks on the day, Lol.
                            I ended up watching both games.

Comment

I think I'm more stunned Newberry won that LR lost. Bowie can ball, CN beat them in 2019 but it was a rock fight. I thought for sure Newberry was going to get their head caved in, but the Argos seemed disinterested early and Dre Harris made play after play after play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X