Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Newberry!

That was a huge win, well done!!

I don't think a single person outside of the Newberry family thought we had a shot in this game. Heck, I even questioned it myself a few times this week. I know I saw some people saying that West Florida would crush this "high school team", and that they should have just given them a bye. Newberry COLLEGE gave them a bye right to next season.

Comment

I openly said I thought West Florida would blow the doors off Newberry. I just never saw anything all season to convince me that the Wolves could hang within 3 or 4 scores.

But that was as incredible a playoff upset as I have seen in 14 years of SAC football.

Dre Harris made play after play and the offense kept scrapping. Defense rebounded and made some key stops. Harris outplayed Austin Reed by a country mile

Outstanding job by Coach Knight and the staff. Absolutely awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog2003 View Post
        I don't think a single person outside of the Newberry family thought we had a shot in this game. Heck, I even questioned it myself a few times this week. I know I saw some people saying that West Florida would crush this "high school team", and that they should have just given them a bye. Newberry COLLEGE gave them a bye right to next season.
        There is 2 people i know who picked the Wolves......

My wife and my 6 year old daughter lol

Comment

Lol canadarican - Congrats Newberry!! Keep it up!

Comment

Way to go Newberry. Great win is an understatement. You guys should easily handle Bowie in my opinion. They caught us flat footed and self destructed our selves with turnovers and decisions detrimental to winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              Way to go Newberry. Great win is an understatement. You guys should easily handle Bowie in my opinion. They caught us flat footed and self destructed our selves with turnovers and decisions detrimental to winning.
              Yep.

Comment

I also thought it insulting not to have the American flag on display at the stadium especially for the national anthem.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I agree. This should be one good game> Looking forward to the match-up.

Comment

Big-time congrats to Newberry on a great win which very few thought could be done.... Great job of coaching in getting your players to believe beating West Florida could be done. Probably one of best playoff wins by a SAC team in a long time..... Keep it rolling against Bowie this Saturday....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X