Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omari Alexander

The atmosphere before kickoff was not good for these young men as they were processing the loss of Omari. To much hate in our country for so many young lives lost to violence every day. Please say a prayer for Omari family and his teammates as they deal with this tragic situation.

Comment

As important as we sometimes, most of the time, make these games, THEY ARE NOTHING compared to this event. To the family, I can not even begin to know how to deal with this.
      To the LR Family, I know we all feel the sorrow and lost. To the athletes, understand how fleeting life is. Cherish each breathe, each moment, each experience.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Alexander family. Omari's life was cut way to short.

This is yet another reminder for all students to be fully vigilant at all times of your surroundings, especially in a towns, areas or streets you're not familiar with. When possible, travel in groups in well lit areas or during daylight hours.

"According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Hickory is 4,771.0 per 100,000 people. That's 92.63% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 74.82% higher than the North Carolina total crime rate of 2,729.1 per 100,000 people."

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
          As important as we sometimes, most of the time, make these games, THEY ARE NOTHING compared to this event. To the family, I can not even begin to know how to deal with this.
          To the LR Family, I know we all feel the sorrow and lost. To the athletes, understand how fleeting life is. Cherish each breathe, each moment, each experience.
          A-freaking-men. 1000 percent right!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            My thoughts and prayers go out to the Alexander family. Omari's life was cut way to short.

This is yet another reminder for all students to be fully vigilant at all times of your surroundings, especially in a towns, areas or streets you're not familiar with. When possible, travel in groups in well lit areas or during daylight hours.

"According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Hickory is 4,771.0 per 100,000 people. That's 92.63% higher than the national rate of 2,476.7 per 100,000 people and 74.82% higher than the North Carolina total crime rate of 2,729.1 per 100,000 people."
            We still have a lot of friends and family in Hickory and they've all said that Hickory has started to get really bad. If what they have said is true its sad. I grew up there, that place was my home. There are a lot of great parts of the city.

I am so tired of hearing about senseless gun violence. I'm tired of reading stories about young men having their lives ended so early. As someone who is around college kids every single day, it just breaks my heart man.

Comment

Just heart-broken hearing the news about LR's Omari Alexander. Prayers to this truly painful loss to Omari's family and to everyone associated with Lenior-Rhyne University...

Comment

Funny two Tennessee guys talking about crime being high in Hickory when Tennessee is #1 in the country for crime. Hickory was not long ago voted one of the ten best places to live in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                    Funny two Tennessee guys talking about crime being high in Hickory when Tennessee is #1 in the country for crime. Hickory was not long ago voted one of the ten best places to live in the country.
                    Hickory was voted a best place to live...about 15 or 20 years ago. Now it has some of the highest crime rates in the state. I grew up there, you know that, and my family and friends who live there have stated what I said. I wasn't using it as a time to take a shot at LR because its not the time nor place and frankly I could care less. Grow up and quit being so soft and taking everything people say as a shot for you to turn around and say something about them.

Not a single thing I said was derogatory or in any way, shape or form a shot at the university. It was about how crime has gotten bad in the Hickory area, which obviously played a part in a 19 year old kid being murdered. Thats what matters here, that a kid is dead. Not your petty, whiny "oh he said something mean about my place so I've got to say something bad about Tennessee" 4th grade attitude. You and Eagle74 can do that in a private message.

For the Bears fans,, who do we need to contact in charge of the LR fan of Eagle club? my family would like to make a small donation to the Bears club in Mr. Alexander's honor.

Comment

Your right about our ranking as best place to live. We are fifth best in the state and 52 in the country. Still pretty good though and thanks for the donation to the Bears Club in Omari A. Name. We had a very moving memorial service yesterday on campus with his family in attendance.

Comment

Any details yet on exactly what happened???

Comment

Last I heard was they have some solid leads and expectations are they will soon make an arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                            Any details yet on exactly what happened???
                            Everything I have read was that he was found in the drivers seat with multiple gunshot wounds. Per the Hickory Daily Record and a couple news stations out of Charlotte. There was somewhere on a L-R Facebook page (do not recall if it was the university's or athletics' department) that someone made the comment that he was in the passenger seat, but I could have very easily misread that. Given the number of media outlets saying he was in the drivers seat I'd assume the Facebook post I read was incorrect.

I haven't read or heard of any other details.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                              Last I heard was they have some solid leads and expectations are they will soon make an arrest.
                              Fantastic news.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X