Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

How much do you know about D2 stadiums?

Comment

West Texas

Comment

West Texas

Brandon, as much as I love our LR friends on here, please for the love and everything in the holy name of Danny Woodhead, do not get them started.

Comment

Again, if most of the plans come to fruition, I believe LR will have the nicest football stadium in the SAC.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Brandon, as much as I love our LR friends on here, please for the love and everything in the holy name of Danny Woodhead, do not get them started.
            I didn't start a conversation.....I ended it. ;)

The LRU updates will be great, but I've become tired of "best in D2" arguments over the last 23 years when the comments are obviously misguided.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
              Again, if most of the plans come to fruition, I believe LR will have the nicest football stadium in the SAC.
              Without a doubt.

Comment

I believe Gaffney High's stadium, from just a facilities standpoint, is the nicest stadium in the SAC. Again, just from a facilities standpoint, not atmosphere, etc...However, expect to hear some news pretty soon about plans for Limestone to begin playing on campus in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

I believe Gaffney High's stadium, from just a facilities standpoint, is the nicest stadium in the SAC. Again, just from a facilities standpoint, not atmosphere, etc...However, expect to hear some news pretty soon about plans for Limestone to begin playing on campus in the very near future.
                  Here is a picture on a Friday night during season (total of 8250 seats)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	article-welcome.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	664518

Comment

I didn't start a conversation.....I ended it. ;)

The LRU updates will be great, but I've become tired of "best in D2" arguments over the last 23 years when the comments are obviously misguided.
                    Will hold my response till after the renovation is finished at LRU. I know our two new video boards are huge and appears to be bigger than the one pictured at West Texas. We also have added another suite in the visitors side end zone corner due to another donation for one. Sure hope all this helps with recruiting for winning is what fills the stadium.

Comment

New HDR article with more info on the final product and some sneak peak videos.

https://hickoryrecord.com/news/local...6b9cb1f01.html

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                        New HDR article with more info on the final product and some sneak peak videos.

https://hickoryrecord.com/news/local...6b9cb1f01.html
                        Looks like it's moving along pretty nicely!

With the new home side seating now adjusted to 4,200, it looks as though the stadium's capacity will top out between 6,000 and 6,300, which will comfortably work out very well for the attendance averages. Again, with most thing being new, it should be the nicest football stadium in the SAC.

Comment

Looks like it's moving along pretty nicely!

With the new home side seating now adjusted to 4,200, it looks as though the stadium's capacity will top out between 6,000 and 6,300, which will comfortably work out very well for the attendance averages. Again, with most thing being new, it should be the nicest football stadium in the SAC.
                          If your capacity estimate (which is suspiciously just barely below Burke Tarr's capacity) is correct, then the record paying crowd in recent history (10,046) will not be able to fit in the stadium, as will none of the previous three homecoming attendances.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

If your capacity estimate (which is suspiciously just barely below Burke Tarr's capacity) is correct, then the record paying crowd in recent history (10,046) will not be able to fit in the stadium, as will none of the previous three homecoming attendances.
                            If you look at all of the attendances for your annual Homecoming games going all of the way back to 2015, they are listed below:

This information (and factual numbers) is really easy to access on the the LR Athletic website.

So the average attendance for your Homecoming games is 6.17 or 6,170 in attendance, which is just right for the new capacity estimates (which does not include standing room tickets for unique situations).

Comment

Any new updates as to whether or not the stadium will be ready in time to kick-off the new season? Also what new modifications are being made from the initial plan?

Comment

I drove by while in Hickory over the weekend and it is coming along nicely. What I could see from not getting out of the car anyways.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X