Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars Hill 2022 Football Season

Things are starting to shape up very well for Mars Hill. They have landed two guys from West Florida already and are quietly putting together a great team while using the portal. They were a game away from the playoffs last year and they were a much better team than Newberry who beat WF. Don't be surprised if the Lions make a run this year. They are well experienced and are only getting better.

What 2 players did they pick up from West Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      What 2 players did they pick up from West Florida?
      Jervon and Jerquan Newton.

Jervon rushed for a little over 200 yards last year on 40ish carries. Jerquan is a LB who had 15 tackles in 7 GP. Both originally transferred from Marist to UWF. The RB started 4 games in 2019.

Comment

Hopefully both will get a chance to play more this coming season at Mars Hill. The RB averaged 10 yards per half, and the LB averaged a tad bit over 1 tackle per half.

Comment

Hopefully both will get a chance to play more this coming season at Mars Hill. The RB averaged 10 yards per half, and the LB averaged a tad bit over 1 tackle per half.
          Both are good ball players per UWF folks.

Comment

Yep, I'm sure they're good guys, and could really turn out to be stars for Mars Hill. Wonder who's spots they'll be taking.

Comment

Scariest thing about Mars Hill in recent years has been that one pass catcher that can drop absurd stats when left alone on the edge. Craig Rucker and now Ty Snelson have been big time players for Mars Hill. From what I remember the defense was pretty good last year as well, didn't deserve to lose to LR by as much as they did. The question I have is who is going to be throwing the ball? Presumably Urzua isn't coming back, right?

Comment

Mars Hill has an ability to find some dudes. Rucker was probably the best wide reciever I've seen in the SAC since my freshman year at C-N in 2007. And they had the best running back I've seen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                  Scariest thing about Mars Hill in recent years has been that one pass catcher that can drop absurd stats when left alone on the edge. Craig Rucker and now Ty Snelson have been big time players for Mars Hill. From what I remember the defense was pretty good last year as well, didn't deserve to lose to LR by as much as they did. The question I have is who is going to be throwing the ball? Presumably Urzua isn't coming back, right?
                  Urzua is back. The whole team is back really. Lost a few players but the portal is there for the taking. I believe this will one of the best seasons ever for mars hill.

Comment

Yep, I'm sure they're good guys, and could really turn out to be stars for Mars Hill. Wonder who's spots they'll be taking.
                    I think the Newton's will thrive in the system once they learn it. I think the LB will be a role player for the Defense but the RB will have a chance to start. Don't know how you insert a guy regardless of their skill when you have two ALL-American LBs coming back. Maybe they move to a 3-4 and play with him as a weak OLB. Regardless those two guys will make this place better. Have heard nothing but good things from peers about them. They say that the Newton's have a really special year planned and they obviously know what it takes to win games and has played competitive football at a high level. This will basically be their 6th year of being around college ball so I'm pretty sure they know a lot and can help out the guys around them. Nonetheless, I'm hoping for a great season for the football team and the Newton brothers fit in and be a huge addition to the program.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

Urzua is back. The whole team is back really. Lost a few players but the portal is there for the taking. I believe this will one of the best seasons ever for mars hill.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

I think the Newton's will thrive in the system once they learn it. I think the LB will be a role player for the Defense but the RB will have a chance to start. Don't know how you insert a guy regardless of their skill when you have two ALL-American LBs coming back. Maybe they move to a 3-4 and play with him as a weak OLB. Regardless those two guys will make this place better. Have heard nothing but good things from peers about them. They say that the Newton's have a really special year planned and they obviously know what it takes to win games and has played competitive football at a high level. This will basically be their 6th year of being around college ball so I'm pretty sure they know a lot and can help out the guys around them.
                          So who do you feel as though he will replace at RB in the lineup, Joraye Morrison, Lafayette Gurvin, Chancellor LeeParker, or Traneil Moore?

Comment

SAC Divisions is still a weird concept to me. Because we've never had them it's just different. Not bad, just going to take time to get used to.

Comment

So who do you feel as though he will replace at RB in the lineup, Joraye Morrison, Lafayette Gurvin, Chancellor LeeParker, or Traneil Moore?
                              Honestly he's far better than all of them but time will only tell. He has to learn the system first and it will go from there. UWF top three backs(He was one of them) can come here and basically be a starter or be a huge role player. Nothing against our backs but some of them are young and aren't really developed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X