Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous SAC posters

I remember back a number of years ago when I first check out this forum, there was a pretty strong minded poster who was actually pretty funny in his post, and was at that time trying to suggest a new mascot for Newberry. The guy posted quite often back then, but after a while in checking back in on the site, he, and several others, were no longer posting on the SAC forum. For those who have been on here for a while, please remind me what the name of the strong minded poster was, along with some of the others that disappeared, and can possibly tell me what happened to them.

For the life of me I cannot recall who it was, but I think I remember someone doing that. I was once told that Fire Ants was a finalist when they rebranded.

There are a lot of folks who posted quite frequently when I joined that no longer do. Wingate used to have a very large number of posters and some hilarious ones, C-N used to have more too. CatU pops on every so often and we've exchanged private messages. You've been around long enough to know it ebbs and flows. Some folks leave because life happens (I went over a year once, nearly 2). Some folks left because we get some turds once in a while that cannot handle differing opinions, or take everything personally. Some folks still log on but never post.

I'll never forget the guy from Pembroke that was plum crazy. Old Brave or something like that.

Comment

I read often. I haven't posted in a while. Ha! I even forgot my password for a while. I still try to keep up with my Dawgs. I gave up my PSL at the stadium after 20 years. We moved and I'm actually closer to Newberry now. The Newberry guy you mentioned and I messaged each other for a while. His new name suggestion for the Newberry Indians was the Newberry Engines. Brilliant idea but it didn't fly with the powers that be. We did have quite a few Bulldog posters. Some I remember were: Deputy Dog, Dog Pound1, The Boss, Scooby Do, Bulldog Blue and Big Dog.

Comment

Yes, you've brought up a few that I remember. As I recall, there have been some real characters on this forum in the past, and several what I would call all out feuds, in which some were much better at it than others. Overall, the SAC forum seems to be much more civil, informative, and inclusive these days.

Comment

One of my earliest recollections of checking in and reviewing post on this forum years ago includes Ursidae and his humorous back and forth feuds with a couple of other posters. I also remember seeing post from Bulldogblue, LegalEagle, TheSAC, CatUFan, and some others, some of which have not posted in a long time. It seems as though fortunately the SAC forum is now a lot more informative and focused on football than in the past.

Comment

I used to post under a different name but was gone for a long time and lost the details for the account. I'm a Catawba guy but am probably getting ready to just let them go. Still check in here from time to time but mainly lurk, don't post much.

Also, Newberry shoulda been the ghosts with that massive cemetery next to their football field.

Comment

Going back around 2009 as I remember. RedIndian was one of the best posters EVER on here. That boy could write circles around everybody. He sent me a private message once and we communicated back and forth. Turned out he wrote and published in the advertising business, brochures, things like that. CatUFan was another.good one and who could forget the twins, Timmy and Tommy. Timmy finished law school. I'm not sure but I think he practices law in Charlotte. Tommy worked for the tax office, city of Saulsberry last I heard. Bulldog Blue was a youth pastor in a Baptist church somewhere up north.
              Da Bears

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X