Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Spring Game

Thanks for this, been hoping for an update following the spring game - especially have been interested on an update on QBs, glad to know Cagle is looking solid. No surprises on all the other points you made. I would be shocked if McGee and Maye aren't All Americans this year, they are that good. Defensive line is losing a lot but I think that Jacobs has done a great job using young depth the fall and spring and there should be a next man up mentality in that position group. I've shared your concern for the secondary (as have many LR fans) for the past few years, they were very young last year so hopefully they can grow together and form a solid unit. Very optimistic about the year ahead of us!

Any impressions on the stadium? Haven't been over there in a month or so.

Comment

The biggest takeaway from Limestone's Spring Game is the high energy Coach Furrey & his staff have brought in. The kids seem to be buying in. We have some talent on the roster and the staff is working the transfer portal very hard. With the new staff in place for just a month, the game was pretty "vanilla" which I expected. I think this team will be a lot more competitive this fall than last. Whether that translates into wins remains to be seen, but I'm optimistic.

Comment

The stadium is starting to take shape. Press box is huge. Home side is further along than the visitors side.

Comment

Originally posted by LRFBparent View Post
          The stadium is starting to take shape. Press box is huge. Home side is further along than the visitors side.
          Will there be new restrooms on the visitors side?

Comment

According to the artist drawings the entire visitors side will be completely redone with main entrance, locker rooms, offices and restrooms. The actual visitor seating will remain the same.

Comment

LR Stadium Renovation/Replacement/Refitting

She's a brick house
              She's mighty, mighty
              Just lettin' it all hang out
              She's a brick house

It's looking good kids. Big old pressbox. Uptown all the way. Oysters on the half shell and champagne at halftime instead of Popcorn and Pepsi. The local rednecks will be in high cotton trying to sound like they are from Neu Yawk instead of Hick' rie. Seriously, it's just smashing. I've seen the drawings so I know what it is 'pose to look like when finished.

On to the Spring Game

Good to see Jacobs dressed in his finest LR coaching attire. Reminded me of Goldy (Coach Paul Goldsmith) way back when. Definition of a sharp dressed coach. Speaking of former LR coaches --did you see Houston and his gang accepting "rangs" for not winning a bowl game. What a laugh that was. I 'bout wet my britches laughing.

On to the spring game.

Offense looked great. The O moved the chains against every Defense combination. Other than linebackers, the D looked "porous" which ain't a good thang kids. I did like some of the containment by the DEs but the D line has to improve or we are going to pay the piper. Special Teams should be a strength from what I saw.
              Da Bears

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X