Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBTV article on the rebrand. They really had to dig deep in those 700+ facebook comments to find the positive ones - took a look last night and Catawba folks are not happy. Heck, I'm not happy.

https://www.wbtv.com/2022/04/27/cata...thletics-logo/

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
      Will they finally upgrade their website too?
      I hope so. Their website looks basic, like in the early days of the internet.
      Last edited by crixus; 04-27-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
        WBTV article on the rebrand. They really had to dig deep in those 700+ facebook comments to find the positive ones - took a look last night and Catawba folks are not happy. Heck, I'm not happy.

https://www.wbtv.com/2022/04/27/cata...thletics-logo/
        Yeah, last time I had read through the comments it was up to about 500 and I think I saw 2 positive ones, yet they are still trying to dig in their heels. Bet that ration has continued as the amount of comments keeps climbing. I was also anonymously quoted in that story, haha.

It's amazing how badly this entire situation is. Alum hate it, community hates it, have heard that there are plenty of students that hate it, Chiefs Club hates it, and on and on. Another case of new admin coming in and changing things with disastrous results. Last time I think people tolerated it because for as bad as the new stuff was, they kept the C with feathers. This time it's worse because they got rid of it.

I'm staying as diplomatic as I can but my patience isn't going to last long.

Comment

My wife is a Catawba Alum. She says this is the first step in getting rid of the school's Indian Logo. I agree with her because I know Catawba's AD. She is OVERTLY Politically correct and inclusive to the point of including every_____________________________________________ ________________. That's why she didn't get the AD job at WU. Don't hold your breath expecting the name "indian" to be around very long. She's working on getting it gone.
          Last edited by Bulldog Blue; 04-30-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I would rather lose the Indians name than the C with feathers logo. They could pick some specific species of native bird and keep that and I'd be fine with it but there's really no hope anymore.

I have heard a little back from my hail mary email and one response said they are going to work with the Catawba tribe to develop an animal mascot that they approve of so it sounds like the Indian name will be staying at least from this. I just can't imagine why they didn't have it ready to go with this announcement so that there would be something with some personality to go with that absurdly bland block C.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X