Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update for Limestone playing on campus this season

The goalposts are up at Saints Field and the process of painting/striping the field started today. The "temporary" seating will be put in the week prior to the first home game on 9/24. This is a link to a few pics:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA17N7

Nice pictures. Kudos to the photographer.

Comment

Looking very nice!!! It's going to be excellent for the players, students, fans, tailgaters, etc!!!

Comment

The latest update I received is that with temporary seating for this season, there will only be seating on one side of the field. I know there will be reserved parking on the grass practice field at one end of the stadium. Other than that, its probably going to be interesting as to where/how close others will be able to park.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post
          The latest update I received is that with temporary seating for this season, there will only be seating on one side of the field. I know there will be reserved parking on the grass practice field at one end of the stadium. Other than that, its probably going to be interesting as to where/how close others will be able to park.
          Most of the parking will be on the main part of campus and the expectation is that most fans will walk from there to Saints Field. That is also the long term plan for the next year and beyond.

I would not be surprised to see vendors on the front quad or along the path from the academic part of campus to the field house/Saints Field area.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Most of the parking will be on the main part of campus and the expectation is that most fans will walk from there to Saints Field. That is also the long term plan for the next year and beyond.

I would not be surprised to see vendors on the front quad or along the path from the academic part of campus to the field house/Saints Field area.
            That's going to be a long walk for some depending on age and/or health. Hopefully the golf carts will continue to assist those folks. I guess I'm a little worried because for the Spring Game we used every parking area and that did not account for any visitors, just faculty/staff, recruits, former players, etc. I hope things go smoothly.

Comment

I am fairly sure there will be some sort of shuttles going to move those less mobile (as well as setting a certain number of handicapped spaces next to the theater area or in the practice field).

Comment

I am fairly sure there will be some sort of shuttles going to move those less mobile (as well as setting a certain number of handicapped spaces next to the theater area or in the practice field).
                That's what I'm hoping for, along with ample space to tailgate in the reserved lot, Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

That's what I'm hoping for, along with ample space to tailgate in the reserved lot, Lol.

I have found out some additional info - no shuttles planned at this time. And the tailgating (at least with alcohol present) will only be allowed in the football practice area lot. Handicapped parking will be found in front of the athletic/fieldhouse complex where the athletic staff normally parks. Officials and game day staff will park in the lot on the opposite side of the complex from the practice area.

Some things that are not yet clear to me is what is the fee/requirements for the lot next to the stadium (football practice grass field) where the tailgating will be permitted - just a flat fee, or do you have to be a Saints Club member at what level?

Comment

I have found out some additional info - no shuttles planned at this time. And the tailgating (at least with alcohol present) will only be allowed in the football practice area lot. Handicapped parking will be found in front of the athletic/fieldhouse complex where the athletic staff normally parks. Officials and game day staff will park in the lot on the opposite side of the complex from the practice area.

Some things that are not yet clear to me is what is the fee/requirements for the lot next to the stadium (football practice grass field) where the tailgating will be permitted - just a flat fee, or do you have to be a Saints Club member at what level?
                    Thanks for the update.

Comment

I do know that at the Saints Club level we annually join at, it does include a football parking pass so it seems that at certain membership levels there will be access to reserved parking on the grass practice field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X