Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projected Standings

Projected Standings based on Massey. This is just for fun and shouldn't be used for future projections...but we do it anyways! Based on who he projects to win each game.
    Overall SAC Division
    1 MARS HILL 8 2 80% 8 1 89% 5 0 100%
    2 TUSCULUM 9 2 82% 7 2 78% 4 1 80%
    3 CARSON-NEWMAN 5 6 45% 4 5 44% 3 2 60%
    4 UVA-WISE 4 7 36% 3 6 33% 2 3 40%
    5 ERSKINE 3 8 27% 1 8 11% 1 4 20%
    6 EMORY & HENRY 1 10 9% 0 9 0% 0 5 0%
    1 LENOIR-RHYNE 10 1 91% 9 0 100% 5 0 100%
    2 NEWBERRY 9 2 82% 8 1 89% 4 1 80%
    3 WINGATE 8 3 73% 6 3 67% 3 2 60%
    4 BARTON 4 7 36% 3 6 33% 2 3 40%
    5 CATAWBA 4 7 36% 3 6 33% 1 4 20%
    6 LIMESTONE 3 8 27% 2 7 22% 0 5 0%

LOL, is this for basketball, because it can't be for football. I hate to say it, but I will be shocked if Carson Newman is anything other than a bottom feeder again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      LOL, is this for basketball, because it can't be for football. I hate to say it, but I will be shocked if Carson Newman is anything other than a bottom feeder again this season.
      If it was basketball, C-N wouldn't have a losing record. That's for sure lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
        I feel ya, but look at the teams below CN here. The competition is slim

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post

I feel ya, but look at the teams below CN here. The competition is slim
            Erskine is really bad. Emory and Henry is really bad. I'm more surprised they weren't 12th than anything. CN beat Limestone in the Toilet Bowl last year. Should have beat Catawba last year. They outplayed Mars Hill for 57 minutes but that 3 minutes at the end of the first half by Mars Hill MAY have been the craziest thing I've seen since Catawbas come back win on homecoming in 2007 at the creek.

LR beat the Eagles so bad it should've counted as 3 losses. Same with West Georgia. And Newberry.

Comment

I think 10 is best case. I agree with our Bears brethren they may drop a SAC game but with then getting Wingate and Newberry at home I think it'll be tough.

I do wonder who the QB will be since Willingham is gone. That dude was the there so long I swear he was the backup when I was a freshman at CN!

Comment

Looking back at the preseason projected standings and overall not too bad.

Mountain Division
                -Mars Hill and Tusculum are top 2 teams as projected.
                -Emory & Henry is much better than anticipated.
                -Carson-Newman is on pace to finish 5-6 in year 2 of Clowney
                -Wise and Erskine are worse than expected.

Piedmont Division
                -Shocker...top 3 are Lenoir-Rhyne, Wingate and Newberry. As expected. And the Bears are on pace to go 10-1...AS I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING AND NONE OF YOU DID!
                - Limestone is much better than anticipated. Furrey deserves coach of the year recognition IMO if the Saints finish above .500
                -Barton is on pace to finish 4-7 as expected. Bulldogs have been bland
                -Catawba is absolutely far worse than expected. They may not win another game this year. Is the clock ticking for Walker?

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                  Looking back at the preseason projected standings and overall not too bad.

Mountain Division
                  -Mars Hill and Tusculum are top 2 teams as projected.
                  -Emory & Henry is much better than anticipated.
                  -Carson-Newman is on pace to finish 5-6 in year 2 of Clowney
                  -Wise and Erskine are worse than expected.

Piedmont Division
                  -Shocker...top 3 are Lenoir-Rhyne, Wingate and Newberry. As expected. And the Bears are on pace to go 10-1...AS I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING AND NONE OF YOU DID!
                  - Limestone is much better than anticipated. Furrey deserves coach of the year recognition IMO if the Saints finish above .500
                  -Barton is on pace to finish 4-7 as expected. Bulldogs have been bland
                  -Catawba is absolutely far worse than expected. They may not win another game this year. Is the clock ticking for Walker?
                  I certainly agree about Furrey getting some Coach of the Year consideration. He inherited an absolute mess.

Comment

Is Canadarican campaigning for Sainthood or to be anointed for Cardinalship? LOL
                    I do believe he is enjoying being correct in his forecasting about Lenoir Rhyne as I am enjoying being so very wrong (even though no one has pulled for them more than I).
                    If he would give us his coat and hat size, perhaps we could take up a collection for his airfare to Rome for his canonization as well as his robe.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                      Is Canadarican campaigning for Sainthood or to be anointed for Cardinalship? LOL
                      I do believe he is enjoying being correct in his forecasting about Lenoir Rhyne as I am enjoying being so very wrong (even though no one has pulled for them more than I).
                      If he would give us his coat and hat size, perhaps we could take up a collection for his airfare to Rome for his canonization as well as his robe.
                      It's more of a surprise that I seemed to have more faith in the Bears than any of you LR fans. I'm still surprised by it. But hey, hopefully they don't choke and ruin my prediction.

Comment

PS- I'll pass on the priesthood.

Comment

Speaking of Coach of the Year Honors; if the LR Bears do go 10 and 1 for the year, given the amount & type of issues that many of us Bear fans saw at the beginning of the season, then let me be the first to say Mike Jacobs would then deserve significant consideration. I am still not 100% convinced but the turn around in coaching decisions and both on field and off field actions has been nothing short of amazing so far.

Comment

The consistent preaching by Canadarican has given me faith in the Bears chances for a SAC title. Thanks Mr C. Coach of the year will probably go to the conference championship winner. LR can’t finish 10-1 because of playoff games. A 12 or 13 win season would be Cronic like and make Jacobs a town hero. We also have twenty starters eligible for next year or two. Forecasting is like dreaming and hopefully it doesn’t become a nightmare.

Comment

Personally, I'd have Jacobs third this year. Not to discredit the Bears season, but just looking at what other coaches have done. Plus the Bears were a playoff team last year.

Furrey has taken over a mess and if he can get the Saints to a winning season that would be deserving to me. I would also have Coach Odom from Tusculum up there if the Pioneers can finish up strong. Newsome at E&H is in the running as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X