Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flosports app

Just wondering if anyone subscribed to the app and how the streaming was. I added the app to my tv and was able to see a little of the LR game, < 5 minutes, and it appeared that it was a video of the game with their radio broadcast. It would start buffering after a couple minutes so I figured that was because I hadn't logged in. With only 3 away games left I probably would not pay for football but I know they have other sports on there as well.

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post
    Just wondering if anyone subscribed to the app and how the streaming was. I added the app to my tv and was able to see a little of the LR game, < 5 minutes, and it appeared that it was a video of the game with their radio broadcast. It would start buffering after a couple minutes so I figured that was because I hadn't logged in. With only 3 away games left I probably would not pay for football but I know they have other sports on there as well.
    I was at Limestone's game and I had to text updates to a friend who was trying to watch the game on the app but was also having technical difficulties.

Comment

I’ve watched the Bears twice on FloSports so far. I’ve also watched an E&H game and parts of several others. I’ve had no issues at all when watching from my tv. It gets hung up when I’m watching on my phone.

Comment

I bought a FloSports subscription last year to watch GSC games and I have watched several SAC games on it this year. You will not notice any difference in quality (good or bad) from what you've seen in the past going directly to the home team site or the SAC digital app. The broadcasts from Carson-Newman and Lenoir-Rhyne are extremely well done. Always have been. Some in the middle like Mars Hill and Tusculum do a good job with minimal resources. Others like Newberry are unwatchable. The only difference is you will be paying for it. I find that really frustrating. When something is free and the quality isn't great, well, you get what you pay for. But when you are paying for something you have the right to have expectations and you should have consistency. The FloSports deal came together very late so I do think we need to give this a year. I have been told there are some efforts to get all the schools onto a similar level for production quality but we won't see that this year. Regarding Flo itself, the mobile app is really good. At home I stream it from a Roku on my TV and that is pretty good as well. Their browser interface could be better.

Comment

I've been involved with college football recruiting of high school players, and I can tell you that many who view this site would never believe the degree of poverty many of these players come from. Many of these households can't afford cable tv while they struggle to pay rent, bills, and put food on their tables, much less travel to games. Now, many can't even watch their sons, grandsons, brothers etc play football because of not having enough money for 'pay for view'.

Had they have known before letting their son sign with a school that because of new modifications to streaming, they wouldn't be able to afford to watch them play a single game, I believe it would have been a game changer, as I believe it will be in the future.

Times are really tough right now for a lot of families, and my heart goes out to those who will miss seeing their family member playing in yet another game this weekend because of increasing financial difficulties.

Comment

Agree with Chuck’s assessment. It is very frustrating to get a sub par product considering how much the fee is. I will say, that I am enjoying being able to watch SAC, GSC, GLIAC etc games all on one streaming platform. I’ve watched much more D2 this month than I ever have before.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X