Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tha LR BEAR's Year!

Yes, no doubt about it, this could just in fact be the very year that LR has a great shot of winning it's (and the SAC's) first D2 Football Championship. Lots of things coming together right now, and the Bears should be favored (by double digit margins) to win out the remaining regular season games, and proceed pretty nicely through the D2 regional playoffs.

This could be tha BEAR's year to wear the NCAA Division 2 Football Championship Rings!!

So SAC fans, time to think about hopping aboard Tha Bear's Train!

Easy there killer......

Comment

So, in other words, BEARS GAHNTA NATIONAL TITLE GAME?

Comment

Hey you never know. The Bears are ranked 11th in my past 10 years system. Based on playoff success.

Comment

Maybe some of the ole Eagles that won all those championships could tell us the formula for winning the national championship. There’s no doubt in my mind we would have won it in2014 had coach Houston stayed. Same in 2019 had Kyle Duggar played against West Fla. He didn’t want to risk getting hurt and playing in the Senior Bowl. Ended up the 31st pick so hard to fault his decision. Still the biggest had it but let it get away belongs to CN against NWMS where the CN runner goes out of bounds instead of staying inbound and the clock runs out for the NC. Evan this Bear was heartbroken over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
            Maybe some of the ole Eagles that won all those championships could tell us the formula for winning the national championship.
            Unfortunately, even back during the ole strong (Coach Sparks) winning days, Carson Newman never won a Division 2 National Football Championship.

Comment

Looking ahead, LR could end up being the #1 seed going into the SR2 Playoffs, especially since the GSC teams will be beating up on each other in the coming up games. Yes, Delta State is good, but their remaining regular season schedule is tough, and should reveal a lot about the Fighting Okra. I have a feeling they will finish the regular season with a couple of losses (maybe more).

Based on what I'm hearing, LR should be able to give their back-ups a good bit of playing time / experience in the coming regular season games, while helping keep their starters rested and healthy. That will pay high dividends going into the D2 Playoffs this year.

Possibly being able to hang a Division 2 National Champion banner in the new stadium would add a sense of pride, not only for the Bears, but for all the SAC fans in general!!
              Last edited by Eagle74; 10-06-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Another step closer!!

Comment

Would be great if someone in the SAC could win NC d2. In football. I guess Wingate was last one in baseball to get a NC two years ago. Did LMU ever get one in basketball? Limestone I think has a lacrosse NC. Seems like CN won one in soccer. I actually believe LR football could be a solid contender next year with all they have coming back and coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                    Would be great if someone in the SAC could win NC d2. In football. I guess Wingate was last one in baseball to get a NC two years ago. Did LMU ever get one in basketball? Limestone I think has a lacrosse NC. Seems like CN won one in soccer. I actually believe LR football could be a solid contender next year with all they have coming back and coming in.
                    Limestone has five lax championships, was runner-up maybe six times on the men's side. Runner-up twice on the women's side...

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Limestone has five lax championships, was runner-up maybe six times on the men's side. Runner-up twice on the women's side...
                      I think he may be talking strictly football. Wingate has a baseball title, Queens swimming (though no longer SAC members) had a zillion straight D2 men's and women's swimming titles.

Comment

I hereby retract this thread, as at this point, I no longer feel it's relevant to the D2 board.

Brandon, please feel free to remove.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X