Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarheel42 View Post
    I’ll sure there are some that definitely know more than I but why is mars hill not getting love from the pollsters ??? Obviously beat TC Saturday and possibly beat whoever in the sac title game and it changes I’m guessing, but the limestone moss looks better and better
    Probably because they don't have a single win over a team .500 or better. Their best win is 4-5 Carson-Newman

Comment

I’ll sure there are some that definitely know more than I but why is mars hill not getting love from the pollsters ??? Obviously beat TC Saturday and possibly beat whoever in the sac title game and it changes I’m guessing, but the limestone moss looks better and better
      YES, I AGREE!!! I have no idea in the world how Mars Hill hasn't received any recognition in SR2. Their only D2 loss was to Limestone. They beat CN who beat Newberry(I know Dre Harris was hurt) a loss is still a loss and they also destroyed Emory & Henry who beat Wingate @ Wingate. Someone needs to explain this to me

Comment

SOS makes sense I figured that would be what it was.....I guess i'm just thinking 6-1 (D2) just sort of surprising to not even see them getting "votes" in polls etc...But sorta control our own fate with TC saturday and hopefully a sac championship game

By the way how do they decide home/away for that?? Obviously BIG if right now

Comment

SOS makes sense I figured that would be what it was.....I guess i'm just thinking 6-1 (D2) just sort of surprising to not even see them getting "votes" in polls etc...But sorta control our own fate with TC saturday and hopefully a sac championship game

By the way how do they decide home/away for that?? Obviously BIG if right now
          It just rotates every year. Winner of Wingate/Newberry hosts this year. Mountain winner will host next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

It just rotates every year. Winner of Wingate/Newberry hosts this year. Mountain winner will host next year.
            Yeah because where on earth would be a good neutral site

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Yeah because where on earth would be a good neutral site
              Need a good neutral site? Might I interest you in jumping on the opportunity to play in Salem, VA? Us CIAA fans have really loved being there the last few years............ Lol

But honestly seems like Memorial Stadium in Charlotte could serve as a decent neutral site venue if the SAC ever wanted to go the neutral site route.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Need a good neutral site? Might I interest you in jumping on the opportunity to play in Salem, VA? Us CIAA fans have really loved being there the last few years............ Lol

But honestly seems like Memorial Stadium in Charlotte could serve as a decent neutral site venue if the SAC ever wanted to go the neutral site route.
                The conference is using CMS this weekend for Soccer semis on Friday and finals on Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Is the CIAA championship going to a new site? I hadn't heard anything, so I'm just curious why you suggested it for future SAC championship games.

Comment

UNC - Charlotte has a nice stadium. Would not think a big stadium would be appropriate because of the small participation of fans. LR Wingate and Newberry are about the only ones that draw a decent attendance. Evan with our new facilities this year our attendance has been off some. I think the new SAC alignment might make it impossible to ever have three teams in po. If Newberry plays Mars Hill in championship game and Mars Hill wins then who is in po.if Wingate loses their final regular season game. I guess Mars Hill would be our only team in the po.

Comment

I forgot to mention and LR beats Tusculum in last game. We are set up to eliminate each other out of regional rankings the way it looks to me. It’s like we have invented our own playoff system to not only determine first and second but also third fourth fifth and sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                        I forgot to mention and LR beats Tusculum in last game. We are set up to eliminate each other out of regional rankings the way it looks to me. It’s like we have invented our own playoff system to not only determine first and second but also third fourth fifth and sixth.
                        I think LR is already eliminated unless absolute chaos takes place. Tusculum is eliminated in my mind if they lose to Mars hill.

Comment

The biggest issue for the Bears let's say is how many teams are still alive with 0 or 1 D2 loss: Nine. Then you have another 5 teams with 2 losses.

Comment

Let's just say, without digging into SOS or any other numbers, that all teams with 3 or less D2 losses are still theoretically alive for the playoffs. That gives you 17 teams in SR2:
                            This Week Next Week
                            1 Delta State GSC 8 0 100.0% vs. #16 West Georgia vs. West Alabama
                            2 Benedict SIAC 9 0 100.0% at Allen SIAC Title Game vs Tuskegee
                            3 Wingate SAC 8 1 88.9% vs. #14 Newberry TBD
                            4 West Florida GSC 6 1 85.7% at Valdosta State at Mississippi College
                            5 Virginia Union CIAA 7 1 87.5% at #17 Virginia State CIAA Title Game with W + Chowan L
                            6 Tusculum SAC 8 2 80.0% at #11 Mars Hill TBD
                            7 Tuskegee SIAC 7 1 87.5% vs. Miles SIAC Title Game vs. Benedict
                            8 Albany State SIAC 7 1 87.5% at #12 Fort Valley Idle
                            9 Limestone SAC 6 2 75.0% vs. Barton TBD
                            10 Fayetteville State CIAA 7 2 77.8% at Winston-Salem CIAA Title Game vs. Chowan/VUU
                            11 Mars Hill SAC 7 1 87.5% vs. #6 Tusculum TBD
                            12 Fort Valley State SIAC 7 2 77.8% vs. #8 Albany State Idle
                            13 Lenoir-Rhyne SAC 6 3 66.7% at Catawba TBD
                            14 Newberry SAC 7 2 77.8% at #3 Wingate TBD
                            15 Chowan CIAA 6 3 66.7% vs Elizabeth City State CIAA Title Game with Win or VUU L
                            16 West Georgia GSC 6 2 75.0% at #1 Delta State Idle
                            17 Virginia State CIAA 6 3 66.7% vs. #5 Virginia Union Idle

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Is the CIAA championship going to a new site? I hadn't heard anything, so I'm just curious why you suggested it for future SAC championship games.
                              It's time for the CIAA to move on. I'm trying to broker a deal to get us out of Salem. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

The conference is using CMS this weekend for Soccer semis on Friday and finals on Sunday...
                                There you go, seems like it would be a good fit then. Now I'm assuming they still host football games at that stadium, I know they renovated it for soccer but I'd hope football is still an option at that field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X