Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR2 Regional Rankings

I think there is a real good chance the Sac could get three teams in the playoffs this season.

MarsHillU2022 i see two getting in. Three will be tough

Comment

Originally posted by FANOFTHEGAME13 View Post
      MarsHillU2022 i see two getting in. Three will be tough
      Agree. Especially when some of the teams competing for spots still have to play each other. Mars Hill and Tusculum, Lenoir-Rhyne and Wingate, Wingate and Newberry, plus the SAC title game and whatever the season ending matchups will be.

Comment

Will someone please tell me how my LR is rated ahead of Newberry in the region after the complete butt kicking they gave us?

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
          Will someone please tell me how my LR is rated ahead of Newberry in the region after the complete butt kicking they gave us?
          They aren't. Nobody really knows. The initial set of rankings released yesterday list the teams in alphabetical order who are being considered for playoff spots. They aren't where they are actually ranked.

Comment

InkBlot does a phenomonal job on his own regional rankings. Here is what he has for SR2. I won't have my own done until probably Friday, but currently (with about half of the data I use entered), the Bears are in 7th in Sr2.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
              I like you. What’s your name? Message me.

Comment

Bearfan1 regional rankings are in alphabetical order. We will get a better idea of the actual order after this Saturdays games. You also do remember CN beat Newberry pretty bad. All teams have a bad day and we had ours against Newberry. Hopefully it’s our last one this season and we can still win the championship and go to the playoffs.

Comment

I don’t see a way in which the SAC gets 3 in. It’s clear that the only respected resumes in the conference are LR, and Wingate in a sense. I can see Tusculum and Newberry having to win out including the championship to get in. LR can get in at 9-2. Wingate can get in at 9-2 if it’s the right 2. The winner of the LR-Wingate game likely gets in (barring a 9-2 finish at worst), along with the conference champion.

GSC should get 2..
                  SAC should get 2..
                  Virginia Union and Benedict seem to be a lock with severe lack of competition left..
                  I think they give Albany State the nod over a 3rd SAC team.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post
                    I don’t see a way in which the SAC gets 3 in. It’s clear that the only respected resumes in the conference are LR, and Wingate in a sense. I can see Tusculum and Newberry having to win out including the championship to get in. LR can get in at 9-2. Wingate can get in at 9-2 if it’s the right 2. The winner of the LR-Wingate game likely gets in (barring a 9-2 finish at worst), along with the conference champion.

GSC should get 2..
                    SAC should get 2..
                    Virginia Union and Benedict seem to be a lock with severe lack of competition left..
                    I understand what you are saying. But Mars Hill only has one D2 loss(Limestone) if they or Tusculum were to win out and beat a one-loss Newberry team who beat LR and LR wins out I would a two-lose Newberry and a two-lose LR is better than Albany state. I'd go as far as saying Wingate, Newberry, and LR would beat benedict and Virginia Union also. Basically the Sac could have three two lose teams to end the season

Comment

D2 has a great playoff system and the only thing I would change is eight teams in each region and no one gets a bye. It would solidify that no one is left out that’s a toss up with another team. Great time of the year with all the big games left to be played. If all home teams in the SAC that are currently 5-1 win then LR wins conference and Wingate Newberry and LR finish 9-2. Going to be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                        D2 has a great playoff system and the only thing I would change is eight teams in each region and no one gets a bye. It would solidify that no one is left out that’s a toss up with another team. Great time of the year with all the big games left to be played. If all home teams in the SAC that are currently 5-1 win then LR wins conference and Wingate Newberry and LR finish 9-2. Going to be interesting to say the least.
                        I wouldn't add a 8th team. Because it's a never ending cycle. Team 8 feels left out now. Hypothetically adding a 8th team just means that #9 will feel robbed then. I also like giving the best team in the region a well deserved bye just like the NFL playoffs do.

And the current system is infinitely better than what it was pre-2008ish. When the regional rankings was a top 12, top 6 made it in, but earned access was 10th or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

GSC should get 2..
                          SAC should get 2..
                          GSC could get 3 if UWG wins out.

Comment

I guess someone is always going to feel shorted even the 2 seed that doesn’t get a bye. I still think eight should be in and not a fan of playing favorite’s with a questionable bye worthy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                              I guess someone is always going to feel shorted even the 2 seed that doesn’t get a bye. I still think eight should be in and not a fan of playing favorite’s with a questionable bye worthy team.
                              Since the 7 team playoff format began, the 1 seed has won the region 15 out of 24 times. Safe to say that's not a questionable bye worthy team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X