Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've kinda always wished there were some more D2 bowl games for teams who miss playoffs.

Bojangles Bowl
    Dollywood Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Need a good neutral site? Might I interest you in jumping on the opportunity to play in Salem, VA? Us CIAA fans have really loved being there the last few years............ Lol

But honestly seems like Memorial Stadium in Charlotte could serve as a decent neutral site venue if the SAC ever wanted to go the neutral site route.
      Since the SAC Headquarters are in Rock Hill, SC I don't know why they wouldn't consider using District 3 Stadium there in town. It's a nice stadium with enough seating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
        UNC - Charlotte has a nice stadium. Would not think a big stadium would be appropriate because of the small participation of fans. LR Wingate and Newberry are about the only ones that draw a decent attendance. Evan with our new facilities this year our attendance has been off some.
        Many would attribute that to LR's recent declining enrollment over the past few years. Seems as though that would have been taken into consideration when renovating the stadium, and scaled back, with options for future expansion, if and when needed.

I've been involved with recruiting over the years, and it always appeared to me that potential players much more prefer to see fuller stands (even in smaller stadiums) rather than half empty stands, to which many haven't seen since playing back in their Jr high days.

Seen some schools invite local high school bands for some of their limited number of home games. It helps fill a % of empty seats. Something some ADs should consider.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Tusculum is eliminated in my mind if they lose to Mars hill.
          I'm not so sure. Lose to Mars Hill and beat Lenoir–Rhyne and they'd be 9-2 with a much better SOS than they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'm not so sure. Lose to Mars Hill and beat Lenoir–Rhyne and they'd be 9-2 with a much better SOS than they have now.
            1 win over a team with a winning record, LR would be a 2nd. I don't think a LR win bumps it enough for them to get in. they would need help from elsewhere.

Comment

1 win over a team with a winning record, LR would be a 2nd. I don't think a LR win bumps it enough for them to get in. they would need help from elsewhere.
              I think you may be overestimating the résumés of the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I think you may be overestimating the résumés of the competition.
                No I'm looking at the teams ahead of them that have a chance of winning out and staying ahead of them, and then directly behind them who have a chance to pass them. Example, Mars Hill wins and then wins the SAC title they should be in ahead of TU. If Fayetteville wins the CIAA they should be in over them as well.

I'm also going on the fact I've watched them and most every other SAC school and I don't think they are the 6th best team in the region.
                Last edited by canadarican; 11-02-2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

The biggest issue for the Bears let's say is how many teams are still alive with 0 or 1 D2 loss: Nine. Then you have another 5 teams with 2 losses.
                  I agree LR is out of po and it looks like it’s up for grabs between W,T, N, MH. The new conference set up for last game of the season has a lot of interesting twists on who’s making the po.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

I agree LR is out of po and it looks like it’s up for grabs between W,T, N, MH. The new conference set up for last game of the season has a lot of interesting twists on who’s making the po.
                    Absolutely. But I think it makes it more exciting too.

And you've been around long enough too. When's the last time the SAC had 6 teams still in the playoff hunt this late in the season?!?! Heck most years 3 was insane.

And yes to others, I know the conference is bigger. Don't be stupid lol

Comment

Even though it is a long shot, Limestone coming in this week at #9 does have a shot at getting in. If they win out, MH beats TU, and Wingate beats Newberry and MH I think the Saints have a shot. They have some of the 'best' losses (LR and Wingate) and have beaten Mars Hill and Newberry.

The biggest problem for the Saints is their SOS numbers will go down with Barton and Emory & Henry left on the schedule. To get in they may need help from some of the other conference's teams in the positions above them in the regional rankings getting some losses.

Comment

I guess I should have added Limestone as a possibility. Man I tell ya LR really dropped the ball this year. We were supposed to be a better team than this. The more I analyze the last two games the more I see a lack of focus and attention to detail by our coaches. It is definitely more on the line these last two weeks for a lot of teams this year. Could be the standard for years to come.

Comment

This past week's rankings with a note on today's results so far (records shown are through last week):
                          Rank/Team/DII record/Region record/today's game

1. Delta State 8-0 7-0 UWG 52, DSU 42 - a furious comeback for West Georgia, and DSU will drop a couple of pegs in the regional rankings
                          2. Benedict 9-0 9-0 Benedict 54, Allen 21 with the DSU loss should be the new #1
                          3. Wingate 8-1 8-1 Newberry 24, Wingate 15 will drop after the loss likely a few
                          4. West Florida 6-1 5-1 playing at Valdosta State 7 pm - a win should move them to #2
                          5. Virginia Union 7-1 7-1 VUU 33, VSU 21 should go into the #3/#4 spot after this win (depending on UWF result)
                          6. Tusculum 8-1 8-1 Mars Hill 34, Tusculum 27 should drop after the loss a few
                          7. Tuskeegee 7-1 7-1 Tuskeegee 26, Miles 23 2 OT - should creep up in the rankings with losses above them, escaping by the skin of their teeth here
                          8. Albany State 7-1 7-1 Fort Valley State 31, Albany State 21 - this should knock them down a bit
                          9. Limestone 6-2 6-2 Limestone 34, Barton 28 - Limestone should move up to somewhere between #6-8
                          10. Fayetteville State 7-2 7-2 FSU 14 WSSU 6 - Keeping their hopes alive

Some possible teams moving into the top 10 include West Georgia, Newberry, Mars Hill
                          Last edited by RedFromMI; 11-05-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Another observation - even with the DSU loss, they likely will not drop out of the top 7, and you will have teams from all 4 conferences in the super region represented, unless Limestone does not get to #7 and both Wingate and Tusculum drop out of the top 7 as well. That would mean Earned Access is not at play unless it is the SAC that benefits.

I think there will be some real scrambling in the regional rankings for super region 2 this week...

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
                              Another observation - even with the DSU loss, they likely will not drop out of the top 7, and you will have teams from all 4 conferences in the super region represented, unless Limestone does not get to #7 and both Wingate and Tusculum drop out of the top 7 as well. That would mean Earned Access is not at play unless it is the SAC that benefits.

I think there will be some real scrambling in the regional rankings for super region 2 this week...
                              Wow, Delta lost?!

Comment

Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

Wow, Delta lost?!
                                West Georgia was down big much of the game, but with a bit more than 10 seconds left had a drive that put them up 46-42, and then ended up with another TD (via turnover maybe) to make it 52-42. Should make UWG part of the conversation as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X