Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fayetteville State has a pretty good team, and would finish close to the top in the SAC (probably tied with Newberry). I believe the Virginia Union vs Wingate game will be a good one, and the Bulldogs better not underestimate VUU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Would Fayetteville be favored to win any game against Newberry Wingate LR Limestone Mars Hill Tusculum and CN. How about West Ga.
      Nope! Probably throw Barton into here too. The beat Chowan by 2 scores whereas FSU struggled to beat them twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
        Fayetteville State has a pretty good team, and would finish close to the top in the SAC (probably tied with Newberry). I believe the Virginia Union vs Wingate game will be a good one, and the Bulldogs better not underestimate VUU.
        I recommend you have your eyes checked. Va Union would lose at least three games in the SAC as well. This whole region is out of wack. Someone is making decisions in SR2 that are not based on fairness. You for one have always felt the GSC and then the SAC were the two strongest conference’s. You and I both know something is not right here just from watching the games this year.

Comment

• I think VUU is a good team who had a slip up against Chowan. Byers is a fun player to watch. VUU will have to get the pass game going otherwise Wingate is gonna have 9 in the box. The Panthers have a tough defense as well, ranking 22nd or 23rd in total defense nationally.

This game screams "first one to 20 wins".

Comment

• Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
            I can not confirm this information, perhaps someone else can, but the reason Newberry is not in the playoffs may be due to having to forfeit a game. Again, I can neither confirm this nor explain where I got this information. Those of you with closer ties and better sources of information, please advise.
            I have also heard this information, and although I don't believe it would involve forfeiting a game, the NCAA has rules on which kind of penalties are applied to an institution when considering them for championship play, which are not reflected in the sheets that are posted by the NCAA: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...iplesChart.pdf (point 2 specifically would apply here)
            Last edited by KleShreen; 11-15-2022, 08:54 AM.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Nope! Probably throw Barton into here too. The beat Chowan by 2 scores whereas FSU struggled to beat them twice.
              Ya'll know that logic doesn't work. If we want to play that game then since Tusculum only beat Chowan by 2 points and FSU beat Chowan by 3 points (on two occasions) then FSU should be favored if FSU played Tusculum. So if FSU should be favored over Tusculum then FSU should be favored over every other team in the SAC that Tusculum beat..........

Comment

I recommend you have your eyes checked. Va Union would lose at least three games in the SAC as well. This whole region is out of wack. Someone is making decisions in SR2 that are not based on fairness. You for one have always felt the GSC and then the SAC were the two strongest conference’s. You and I both know something is not right here just from watching the games this year.
                This bull crap rumor of Newberry having to forfeit a game may be the Committee's attempt to save face after blowing the selection process. Bearof, you and I don't always agree, but you are spot on with your assessment. I was willing to give the committee the benifit of the doubt based on not knowing a whole lot about the selection process; however, the more I learn, the more I smell a rat!

Comment

• Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Ya'll know that logic doesn't work. If we want to play that game then since Tusculum only beat Chowan by 2 points and FSU beat Chowan by 3 points (on two occasions) then FSU should be favored if FSU played Tusculum. So if FSU should be favored over Tusculum then FSU should be favored over every other team in the SAC that Tusculum beat..........
                  I know that logic doesn't work. I was being sarcastic. But to continue playing, that would make Fayetteville at the very best the 6th best team in the SAC. I'd feel quite confident that number is probably still too high. I don't think they'd beat anyone in the SAC outside of Catawba, Erskine and maybe UVA Wise.

FSU beat St/ aug by 54, and Tusculum did it by 57
                  Last edited by canadarican; 11-15-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• I know that the egos of some folks makes it so easy to deny that things have been changing in the past number of years and there's now pretty much parity between the CIAA and SAC, with the GSC still the lead horse, and gaining.

I would have to attribute this to what I believe is a growing edge in the GSC with their overall level of quality and skills of their coaching and recruiting capabilities.

Of course, 'on any given Saturday', any team has a chance to win, but it's more and more kind of like comparing the SEC with the American, and Sun Belt Conferences. Again, on any given day.

Comment

• I personally think the old SAC schools have gained ground on the GSC the last few years. Maybe that’s because they no longer have NAla. and added NG.

Comment

• Average rank of the 12 CIAA teams on Massey and SP+: 123.8 out of 164. SAC? 77.5.

The worst team in the SAC is Erskine, who would be ranked 8th in the CIAA

We aren't gonna talk about the GSC lol.

Comment

I personally think the old SAC schools have gained ground on the GSC the last few years. Maybe that’s because they no longer have NAla. and added NG.
                          North Greenville has slipped some, but they still aren't someone you want to schedule. They gave Newberry all they could handle this year.

Comment

• in the past North Greenville is like Wisconsin basketball. It's sluggish and they were a pain in the butt, despite the Eagles taking 3 of 4 when they had the alliance. I don't wanna deal with them haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                              I know that the egos of some folks makes it so easy to deny that things have been changing in the past number of years and there's now pretty much parity between the CIAA and SAC, with the GSC still the lead horse, and gaining.

I would have to attribute this to what I believe is a growing edge in the GSC with their overall level of quality and skills of their coaching and recruiting capabilities.

Of course, 'on any given Saturday', any team has a chance to win, but it's more and more kind of like comparing the SEC with the American, and Sun Belt Conferences. Again, on any given day.
                              The GSC has won the super region every year over the last decade except for 2013 during LR's run to the national championship game.

During that time these are the conference records against GSC teams in SR2 finals games (and two seasons GSC teams played each other in the SR2 finals):
                              • SAC: 1-3
                              • SIAC: 0-1
                              • CIAA: 0-1
                              • Ind: 0-1
                              I have to agree with Eagle on this one. SR2 is the GSC and then everyone else trying to argue who deserves second place when first place has already lapped us.

At the end of the day arguing if a second CIAA team, second SIAC team, or third SAC team should get in is pointless when none of those teams would likely stand a chance against West Florida or Delta State this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

The GSC has won the super region every year over the last decade except for 2013 during LR's run to the national championship game.

During that time these are the conference records against GSC teams in SR2 finals games (and two seasons GSC teams played each other in the SR2 finals):
                                • SAC: 1-3
                                • SIAC: 0-1
                                • CIAA: 0-1
                                • Ind: 0-1
                                I have to agree with Eagle on this one. SR2 is the GSC and then everyone else trying to argue who deserves second place when first place has already lapped us.

At the end of the day arguing if a second CIAA team, second SIAC team, or third SAC team should get in is pointless when none of those teams would likely stand a chance against West Florida or Delta State this year.
                                I agree! For a still relatively new D2 Football program West Florida's Coach Shinnick has built a powerhouse. His recruiting has been really impressive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X