Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Was interested to know if the committee has any football knowledge and is familiar with video of the regional they are processing. Do they have any history of say the last ten years on out of conference results. Strength of schedule does not seem to be calculated properly for if one team is 8-0 and beats another week scheduled team of like WISE schedule then they are even more over rated. There is a definite need for a reevaluation of the selection process especially in SR2. Most all football polls out there with rankings of all d2 teams has Fayetteville, Va Union and Benedict way down the list and lower than several GSC and SAC teams. My take is we have people on the committee that know little about football etc.
    yea you're right the committee made up of head coaches and ADs probably definitely doesn't have any football knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post
      I'm probably gonna tick off a lot of folks, but dear lord I am already tired of the crying from Newberry. Did I think you were a top 7 team in the region? Yes. And You had a good year, but you would've gotten earholed by Delta State too.

Wanna know why you didn't make it? Ask your head coach and AD. Maybe they'll tell you.

Stop with the "bias, conspiracy" and all the other nonsense excuses. If you're gonna come up with a wild a$$ theory at least make it something sustainable.

Do not get on this site and insinuate anything about Newberry when you don’t have a clue what you are talking about! It was obvious to EVERYONE ( not just Newberry fans) that the committee failed to send the top 7 teams in the region to the playoffs, and there is no defending that fact!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post

Do not get on this site and insinuate anything about Newberry when you don’t have a clue what you are talking about! It was obvious to EVERYONE ( not just Newberry fans) that the committee failed to send the top 7 teams in the region to the playoffs, and there is no defending that fact!
        You're right. West Georgia probably should've been in instead of Fayetteville.

Comment

You're right. West Georgia probably should've been in instead of Fayetteville.
          Yes, with their one win over a regionally ranked opponent, loss vs an under .500 team, 2 wins vs over .500, and 28th ranked SOS.

Comment

• [QUOTE=canadarican;n720505]

You're right. West Georgia probably should've been in instead of Fayetteville. [/QUOTE)

West Georgia was a better team than FSU, along with 2 or 3 other schools. But no need to worry, SR2 may not believe in sending the best teams, but they are politically correct!

Comment

• UWG was the best team I saw CN play this year. They beat a solid Delta State team and lost by 1 on a miracle to MC. Surely Newberry is aware of losses to inferior teams. I was going off the eye test. And yes, I think FSU shouldn't have made it. Ive said that, multiple times. My argument isnt that. Its to say they made it over Newberry because of politics or being politically correct is factually incorrect.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hailscarlet&gray;n720511]
                Originally posted by canadarican View Post

You're right. West Georgia probably should've been in instead of Fayetteville. [/QUOTE)

West Georgia was a better team than FSU, along with 2 or 3 other schools.
                2 or 3 other schools may be too few. I said in the chat on the show that Fayetteville would be 7th or 8th minimum in the SAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by stillabulldog View Post

yea you're right the committee made up of head coaches and ADs probably definitely doesn't have any football knowledge.
                  Wondering why they didn’t use it then.

Comment

UWG was the best team I saw CN play this year. They beat a solid Delta State team and lost by 1 on a miracle to MC. Surely Newberry is aware of losses to inferior teams. I was going off the eye test. And yes, I think FSU shouldn't have made it. Ive said that, multiple times. My argument isnt that. Its to say they made it over Newberry because of politics or being politically correct is factually incorrect.
                    That is the problem! You are actually making my argument for me! When we agree they did not select the top teams in the Region, but these are coaches and AD’d that made the decision, what should fans think???

Comment

• Newberry had a great year. Under normal circumstances Newberry would have been one of the playoff teams, Unfortunately a mistake was made creating an infraction. That infraction violated a rule used to qualify teams for the playoffs. The selection committee FOLLOWED THE NCAA GUIDELINES (as they are required to do and Newberry was left off.
                      Da Bears

Comment

• Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post

That is the problem! You are actually making my argument for me! When we agree they did not select the top teams in the Region, but these are coaches and AD’d that made the decision, what should fans think???
                        Something much more tangible than hearsay and conspiracies. Or assuming it was to be politically correct. That's just not sensible or something you can legitimately prove.

Even though i thiught UWG was the best team CN played all year, newberry had a better argument metrics wise. But the numbers they look at:

Wingate, Fayetteville, Limestone, had better SOS than Newberry

Wingate and Fayetteville had higher W%+SOS. Limestones was slightly lower.

Wingate had a better PI.

Newberrys PI and W%+SOS drops when an adjustment is made. That adjustment (if it took place as Brandon made note of earlier in the thread) drops Newberry from 6th to 14th.

Maybe the national committee ought to just come out and say it if something like that happens for clairty.

All that to say, its a better process than what the Ohio Valley Conference uses to determine a conference champion: a televised coin flip

Comment

Newberrys PI and W%+SOS drops when an adjustment is made. That adjustment (if it took place as Brandon made note of earlier in the thread) drops Newberry from 6th to 14th.

Maybe the national committee ought to just come out and say it if something like that happens for clairty.
                          I thought the SAC statement pretty much closed the door on that possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
                            Newberry had a great year. Under normal circumstances Newberry would have been one of the playoff teams, Unfortunately a mistake was made creating an infraction. That infraction violated a rule used to qualify teams for the playoffs. The selection committee FOLLOWED THE NCAA GUIDELINES (as they are required to do and Newberry was left off.
                            To continue to insinuate Newberry did something wrong is misleading and unethical. Post your evidence or shut up!

Comment

• Boy there's some good matchups next weekend.
                              Last edited by canadarican; 11-20-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Who you think will win in SR2 this Saturday? I believe Wingate is going to play Delta in the region finals. Delta will win that game 31-21.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X