Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post

Who are you? Marvin Everett? Johnny Mo? RogerMaxey? I really want to know. I wish I could remain as optimistic as you do about the Bears.
    Ha Ha! I would guess either "Max" or old Cecil, not Marv but could be Mo based more on the way he talks.
    anyhow
    I'm not going to fire anyone because we lost. The puppies got the breaks there at the end and were able to pull it out. Hell, I thought they were going to skunk us until we caught a lucky break on the first TD pass. Their safety was asleep. He was probably asleep with McGee who made a brief but unspectacular appearance for the second week in a row. Boy what a disappointment. We all thought he was going to be up there with the elites in the SAC like Anderson, Terrell, Stewart and (what happened to Wingit ironhead Peoples where was he?)

Pups controlled the clock, played more on our side of the field which says a bunch about their defense. I sat down a row from one of the fellers d2superfan mentioned and his family. He didn't say much but his wife sure did. I think I heard enough gossip to last me until next season! He did tell me that we are going to get another sport team. Not sure what but money is in the bank to add another sport.

I don't think we are totally out of the picture with 2 losses but we have to hope ranked teams in other division conferences lose. CIAA is a jumbled mess so that will help. GSC might get 2 or 3 so that could help or hurt depending on which ones.

Da Bears

Comment

LR had 12 whole yards of rushing offense on Saturday. 12. Yards. Rushing. Think about that. 3 years of recruiting and we had 12 whole yards of rushing offense. This from what some of my LR supporting brethren on here call a really great recruiter. Sorry guys, but there is no evidence that Jacobs and crew are even average recruiters. There is a building resume of games supporting that Jacobs and crew know how to lose games that NEED TO BE WON.

3 interceptions. In fact, on four successive plays, four interceptions. Ours, Theirs, ours, theirs. Or maybe the other way around. But 4 plays, 4 interceptions. Before the first one of these, I had just told my 2 guess that we were ONE PLAY away from being in the game, or ONE Play away from being out of the game.

I feel so sorry for 2nd year qb (remember he did not start the first game of the year) being put in the position of having to carey the game against another 1st rate defense that knew two things:
      1st; the qb had to pass; 2nd, because we could not run the ball. Especially from close to the endzone.

Say what anyone wants to say, but I have said it several times throughout the season, if being average is what we want in our football program, we should all be very happy. Because that is what Jacobs and crew has given us. A slightly above average season.

Of course, my real fear is now next year. Will we even be that?

Another point. Yesterday we were introduced to the ladies' soccer team and the men's lacrosse teams. Very successful. Read about the other LR sports teams and they all are achieving more and more success. My question is who provides the money to support these programs. Answer is: the Bears Club. AND THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

The Football program can only provide the type of money these other programs need if Moretz Stadium is full on Saturdays during the fall. I am afraid AVERAGE does not get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursidae View Post

I don't think we are totally out of the picture with 2 losses but we have to hope ranked teams in other division conferences lose. CIAA is a jumbled mess so that will help. GSC might get 2 or 3 so that could help or hurt depending on which ones.
        They have 3 Losses.

SAC is down to Tusculum, Mars Hill, Wingate and Newberry. But Limestone has 2 D2 losses and would probably be ahead of the Bears.

CIAA is a mess. But it's hard to see Union getting left out with 1 loss. Fayetteville State is also 7-2 and a CIAA title would probably boost the resume.

SIAC has 3 left IMO. Benedict is unbeaten and will play Tuskegee for SIAC title. And Albany I think has 1 D2 loss. As does tuskegee

And that's not even getting to the GSC. If UWG beats Delta, I think they can get 3 potentially.

That's a minimum of 12 teams ahead of the Bears and 9 of them have 1 loss or less.

Comment

LR is definitely out of the po. They haven’t beaten any one except Limestone. I don’t count VA. State because it is a week conference. Bears at best could end up ninth in region. I am very disappointed in our season and truly have hope that these coaches can get us back to the land of milk and honey.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X