Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can LR still get in?

Can LR still make it to the playoffs or SAC championship?

Sac championship no. Playoffs I highly doubt it.

Delta State, West Florida are almost locks. UWG has 2 losses and plays DSU next week.

Benedict is still unbeaten. Albany has 1 d2 loss. Tuskegee is also 7-2 now.

VA Union lost today to chowan. But even w 1 loss their in i think.

Mars Hill, Tusculum and Wingate have 1 d2 loss. Plus newberry.

Comment

Without Parsons around the end run yesterday, we would have had negative rushing yards. Don't think the Selection committee would put that on the plus side for LR getting an invitation.

Comment

This is what Ink has for sr2
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20221030_131155.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	710260

Comment

Take a lesson from the past. When I played at LR, Reverend V.R. Cromer was president. He would walk down to the practice field every Thursday evening and call over to Coach Painter. "How are my boys doing"? he would ask. He and coach would stand on the sidelines for a minute or two while the assistant coach (we only had one) would continue practice. Later when we went into the dressing room, coach would gather with us and we would have a prayer. He would finish up saying "boys, win or lose President Cromer wants you to remember that to the people of Hickory and our alums, you represent the high ideals and morals of Lenoir Rhyne College. The church doors will be open Sunday morning and I hope to shake hands with every man (We had about 40 on the team)"

The conference in those days included Appalachian State Teachers College and Western Carolina State Teachers College. Now they are big universities but back then they were small (about 4-5 thousand) and mostly women since they were teacher colleges. LR use to wear both of them out. We didn't have but 5 or 6 games every year.

I read the other day about some coach getting in trouble with the law for slapping a player. Shoot, I remember in practice one day our best guard couldn't follow directions. Painter lined up across from him, with no equipment and knocked him on his ass. Then he stood over him and yelled "Do you see why you don't do it your way"? That boy went on to be one of the best blockers in the league.
          Da Bears

Comment

West Georgia and Mars Hill might be the sleeper teams not on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              West Georgia and Mars Hill might be the sleeper teams not on this list.
              West Georgia has to win this week against Delta State IMO. Mars Hill needs to win out. Mars Hill's best win so far was C-N.

Comment

That’s what makes them a sleeper team or long odds to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                  That’s what makes them a sleeper team or long odds to get in.
                  I get you. They have some playmaker for sure. And the defense was really stout too

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X