Clear All

• Week 10 scores and results

Limestone 34, Barton 28
    Mars Hill 34, Tusculum 27
    Newberry 25, Wingate 15
    Lenoir-Rhyne 62, Catawba 10
    Carson-Newman 38, UVA-Wise 22
    Emory and Henry 32, Erskine 0
    Last edited by RedFromMI; 11-05-2022, 04:48 PM.

Oh boy...

Comment

Standings will end up this week at:

Mountain Division
      1. Mars Hill 7-1 7-2 won 5
      2. Tusculum 6-2 8-2 lost 1
      3. Carson-Newman 4-4 5-5 won 2
      4. Emory & Henry 4-4 5-5 won 1
      5. UVA-Wise 1-7 2-8 lost 2
      6. Erskine 0-8 2-8 lost 8

Piedmont Division
      1. Newberry 6-2 8-2 won 1
      1. Wingate 6-2 8-2 lost 1
      1. Lenoir-Rhyne 6-2 7-3 won 1
      1. Limestone 6-2 7-3 won 3
      5. Barton 2-6 3-7 lost 1
      6. Catawba 0-8 1-9 lost 9
      Last edited by RedFromMI; 11-05-2022, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Schedule next week:
        E&H @ Limestone, noon
        MHU @ Newberry, 1
        TU @ LRU, 1
        CNU @ Catawba, 1
        UVAW @ Wingate, 1:30
        Erskine @ Barton, 2

Comment

So it looks like there’s a good chance we have 5 teams tied for first with a 7-2 record and had WSSU not backed out of there game with LR its likely we would have one more win and a chance at po with win over TU. Just a crazy season by LR and actually have a better team than our record in my opinion. Overall disappointing job by coaches against Newberry and Wingate. So far the game plan against good teams has been mediocre at best. One last chance to show you can call a good game against a good team. So far you haven’t.
          Last edited by Bearhof; 11-06-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
            So it looks like there’s a good chance we have 5 teams tied for first with a 7-2 record and had WSSU not backed out of there game with LR its likely we would have one more win and a chance at po with win over TU. Just a crazy season by LR and actually have a better team than our record in my opinion. Overall disappointing job by coaches against Newberry and Wingate. So far the game plan against good teams has been mediocre at best. One last chance to show you can call a good game against a good team. So far you haven’t.
            Idk if a win over WSSU would've helped. They are so bad.

Comment

A win against WSSU and the resulting drop off of a lost against Ferris State would not have changed the ills that LR has. Perhaps it could have given the players more time to jell and lock in through working on the field of competition. Maybe, we could have changed one more game.

But, I believe we have to give credit to D2SuperFan for being absolutely spot on about LR's season from the very beginning.

And those of us, LR Loyal Supporters, as we get a little distance from the season and look at it clearly, I believe come to three conclusions:
              1. The Coaching staff had 3 years to find and bring in a TOP NOTCH QB. Not just a good, average, serviceable QB but a top notch one.
              2. The Coaching staff had 3 years to find and bring in a running back with both speed and strength.
              3. The Coaching staff is and will be hard pressed to develop great offensive schemes and play calling because they have proven incapable of doing that unless you are talking about playing Catawba.

Notice the common thread--The Coaching Staff. No matter how great of facilities we have, no matter the financial support we provide, no matter the number of butts we put in the seats; The seasons can not be more successful than the abilities of the coaching staff.

After two back to back "wrong" coaches, Cronic came in and took an 3-8 team to 12 and 2 ( think it was) and the following year was 13 and 1 (I believe).
              Goldsmith rebuilt the program. Houston took us almost to the Mountain Top.

I do not know what type of contract this Coaching Staff has with LR, and I do trust AD Pate and President Whit, to make the best decision for the University, but having said that I believe it is time to allow Jacobs and Crew to find another pasture to graze in.

Comment

Just wondering, why did WSSU back out of the games with LR?

Comment

Probably had something to do with not wanting to have a 50 burger dropped on them. Just pure speculation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X