• Week 11 Game Thread

AWAY (Score) HOME (Score) TIME
    Emory & Henry (27) Limestone (45) FINAL
    Mars Hill (24) Newberry (27) FINAL
    Tusculum (14) Lenoir-Rhyne (34) FINAL
    Carson-Newman (61) Catawba (23) FINAL
    UVA-Wise (7) Wingate (45) FINAL
    Erskine (22) Barton (51) FINAL

Congratulations to Newberry for winning their 2nd consecutive SAC championship!
    ...and that will do it for the 2022 regular season. We'll see how everything plays out in the playoffs!
    Last edited by cavsfan94; 11-12-2022, 05:33 PM.

Newberry 7- Mars Hill 0 end of the 1st Quarter
    This is going to be a battle!

Comment

Halftime: Newberry 13- Mars Hill 7

Newberry's defense played a good first half..

Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!

Comment

Mars Hill 17- Newberry 13

Newberry had the momentum in the first half; however, Mars Hill has controled the second half.

Comment

Newberry wins 27-24! This was a battle! Back to back SAC Championships!

Comment

Congratulations on the five teams who tied for first in the 2022 football season. Mars Hill won the mountain division and LR, Limestone, Newberry and Wingate all tied for first in the Piedmont division. Crazy year

Comment

I wasn't able to watch or be there today, but when CN fell behind 6-0 and then Catawba got an onside and went up 13-0 my first thought was "oh boy. Road problems here again".

Eagles put it in full throttle. Braxton Westfield what a game. A GREAT kid who finishes his CN career in style. I really think he has a chance at the next level. Ivan Corbin played well as well and even though I've had moments of doubt he made some grown man plays down the stretch, as the Eagles go 5-2 in the last 7.

Sad that guys like Alonzo and Treyzel are gonna be gone. Both good dudes and great ball players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                Congratulations on the five teams who tied for first in the 2022 football season. Mars Hill won the mountain division and LR, Limestone, Newberry and Wingate all tied for first in the Piedmont division. Crazy year
                If that makes you feel better about another sub-par season, then go for it. Honestly, I really feel sorry for LR fans. All I hear is how you guys are going to dominate the SAC, just to see you fall short year after year. No matter how you slice it, NEWBERRY is back to back Champions and that is the standard LR fans are aspring to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post

If that makes you feel better about another sub-par season, then go for it. Honestly, I really feel sorry for LR fans. All I hear is how you guys are going to dominate the SAC, just to see you fall short year after year. No matter how you slice it, NEWBERRY is back to back Champions and that is the standard LR fans are aspring to be!
                  Congratulations to the Newberry Wolves team and fans. Y’all took care of business today.

As for LR fans, why can’t you just be ok with others having some success? I’ve read a few posts where you have called other teams within the SAC overrated or unworthy of the success they have had, teams that beat LR. Just let others enjoy and be a classy fan. Don’t be like those LR fans that continuously sit on the Away teams side just trying to start a stir or are you among that group?

Comment

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but Newberry has earned bragging rights in this league. Great win over them by Limestone. But at the end of the day, beating LR, Wingate, and Mars Hill, is better than anyone else in the conference has done all year. Congrats to the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post

You should not be making false statements about people from LR. I was congratulating several teams for a great season including Newberry. LR had a good season at 8-3 with one of those losses to the number one ranked team in the country. Hopefully you guys make the playoffs and can beat WFla again. I stated earlier this week you guys deserve a better ranking in the regional. I did state in my opinion Wingate was over rated but that’s why we post on here. As for LR falling short year after year that is not a true statement. Another false statement you made was about LR stating they were going to dominate the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                        You should not be making false statements about people from LR. I was congratulating several teams for a great season including Newberry. LR had a good season at 8-3 with one of those losses to the number one ranked team in the country. Hopefully you guys make the playoffs and can beat WFla again. I stated earlier this week you guys deserve a better ranking in the regional. I did state in my opinion Wingate was over rated but that’s why we post on here. As for LR falling short year after year that is not a true statement. Another false statement you made was about LR stating they were going to dominate the conference.
                        Let’s be honest, your post was directed towards Lions and Wolves fans to play down the importance of their game. It came off a little salty. In an earlier post you also called the game the “so-called SAC Championship”.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X