Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingate vs. Benedict

I feel like based on what's been said Benedict and Virginia Union are very similar, and Wingate should be prepped. The defense was outstanding on Saturday.

Anybody got some early thoughts?

I honestly have no idea what to think about this game. This Benedict team reminds me of WSSU from a decade ago. You got a coach only in his second season who just produced an undefeated season. So is Benedict legit or did they just catch lightning this season? On the plus they only had one tight game against a pretty decent Albany State team; however, they only played ECSU out of conference so who knows how they would have stacked up in OOC games against better competition. I will say they have a more balanced offense then VUU, so that should present more of a challenge than VUU.

I know Wingate will be ready, and with the amount of players that Wingate has from SC (and especially the Columbia metro area) I would think they should bring a good crowd for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
      I feel like based on what's been said Benedict and Virginia Union are very similar, and Wingate should be prepped. The defense was outstanding on Saturday.

Anybody got some early thoughts?
      Wingate looked the best they have looked all season on Saturday. On their first possession of the game they came out firing 7 pass plays, 3 runs one being a QB scramble and I believe it caught VUU off guard. The defense road off that momentum and fired on all cylinders, 2 pick 6s, safety and a forced fumble. The majority of VUUs offense came on the last two drives when the game was already out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
        I honestly have no idea what to think about this game. This Benedict team reminds me of WSSU from a decade ago. You got a coach only in his second season who just produced an undefeated season. So is Benedict legit or did they just catch lightning this season? On the plus they only had one tight game against a pretty decent Albany State team; however, they only played ECSU out of conference so who knows how they would have stacked up in OOC games against better competition. I will say they have a more balanced offense then VUU, so that should present more of a challenge than VUU.

I know Wingate will be ready, and with the amount of players that Wingate has from SC (and especially the Columbia metro area) I would think they should bring a good crowd for this game.
        Wingate travels well. We had a big crowd in Richmond. They’ll be ready for Saturday.

Comment

You could not have paved an easier way to the final eight for Wingate unless of course they were playing Fayetteville state again. This will be Wingate fourth game now against the power conferences of region two. Based on their overwhelming wins in those other games I would think they should win Saturdays contest and be the favorite for the national championship. I am sure they would be reseeded #1 in the final four. What a great season against such a tough schedule.

Comment

Fully expecting Wingate to roll Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              You could not have paved an easier way to the final eight for Wingate unless of course they were playing Fayetteville state again. This will be Wingate fourth game now against the power conferences of region two. Based on their overwhelming wins in those other games I would think they should win Saturdays contest and be the favorite for the national championship. I am sure they would be reseeded #1 in the final four. What a great season against such a tough schedule.
              Who knows, maybe they’ll look to the mighty “Bearhof” for clear guidance to make that happen. You just full of great ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBullyDawg View Post

Wingate travels well. We had a big crowd in Richmond. They’ll be ready for Saturday.
                Yeah, I give Wingate credit. From the stream it looked like there was a good sized crowd on visitors side.

Comment

How long has Wingate heard coach been there? Seems like twenty five years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBullyDawg View Post

Did VUU have anyone in the stands, because the attendance was only 1,420

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

They had a solid crowd there. Not sure what their normal attendance numbers are, but I am surprised it was that low.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Off topic, but Please tell me you saw where Texas A&M reported an attendance of over 90,000 Saturday, and the stadium was maybe 20% full.

Comment

Off topic, but Please tell me you saw where Texas A&M reported an attendance of over 90,000 Saturday, and the stadium was maybe 20% full.
                          Now that cracked me up. Sounds like the pulled out the NASCAR playbook.

Comment

Generally the official attendance count is based on tickets sold, not how many people actually attend the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

Generally the official attendance count is based on tickets sold, not how many people actually attend the game.
                              You can't convince me 90K bought tickets to see A&M play

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X