X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints Tailgating
    replied
    Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    Congrats to the Saints on a tremendous season. I still think Coach Furrey should've won coach of the year in the conference (and that is no slight against Coach Knight), but there aren't too many better turnarounds in D2 this year than what was done in Gaffney.

Saints kept fighting against UWF, but the Argos are a dang good football team who are much improved over last years team.
    Thanks Canadarican, it certainly was a season to remember for the Saints. You are correct in your assessment of West Florida, they are dang good. In the 8 seasons I've been watching D2 football in person, I don't remember seeing a QB with a cannon for an arm like their guy (Peewee). A funny nickname because he is a big load to try and bring down when he runs. I was proud of our fight but we left too many points on the field. 2 possessions with goal-to-go and came away with no points. The blocked punt for a TD with 11 seconds left in the first half was a back breaker. I never thought we'd even be mentioned for the playoffs at the start of the season. We are a young team also, so hopefully we can keep the important pieces here and add some quality with Coach Furrey having an entire recruiting cycle to work with.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    started a topic Limestone

Limestone

Congrats to the Saints on a tremendous season. I still think Coach Furrey should've won coach of the year in the conference (and that is no slight against Coach Knight), but there aren't too many better turnarounds in D2 this year than what was done in Gaffney.

Saints kept fighting against UWF, but the Argos are a dang good football team who are much improved over last years team.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X