Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wongate to regional finals

Nice win for the Pups. They stopped the run game cold and made the Tigers go by air where they were shakey. Came up with a couple of INTs to stop drives.I thought the Pups would play the Okra of Delta but they lost to the West Florida boys club. Hope the pups can pull a major upset and make the SAC look good.
    Da Bears

Congratulations to Wingate and SAC!!

Comment

Go Dawgs!

What a great atmosphere this afternoon down in Columbia. The weather was perfect for a late November game and the defense was lights out. They held Benedict in check for most of the game and ended with 7 sacks and 2 INTs.

Looking forward to making the trip down to West Florida next weekend. Let’s keep it rolling.

Comment

Another sad day for Lenoir Rhyne. Not only did Newberry win the SAC back to back, but now wingate is third round bound. I’m afraid LR will be losing lots of recruits (and possibly transfers) to these schools who want to compete for conference and national titles.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBullyDawg View Post
          Go Dawgs!

What a great atmosphere this afternoon down in Columbia. The weather was perfect for a late November game and the defense was lights out. They held Benedict in check for most of the game and ended with 7 sacks and 2 INTs.

Looking forward to making the trip down to West Florida next weekend. Let’s keep it rolling.
          Video of game was very good with several replays of key plays. The attendance looked low and honestly Benedict was very overrated and would probably lose several games in our conference. I do think Wingate has a chance against WFLA and would love to see it happen. The special teams play of the bulldogs is very good. Although there was a missed field goal. Looked like the qb got hurt then couple plays later threw a great td pass on a roll out to the left. The qb never has impressed me over the years but he was good yesterday. Q

Comment

Originally posted by TheBullyDawg View Post
            Go Dawgs!

Good luck and safe travels to you all. Hopefully you have better weather than we did (50s & a cold rain), Lol. I recommend parking in Lot 4. It's a fairly short walk to the visitors stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Video of game was very good with several replays of key plays. The attendance looked low and honestly Benedict was very overrated and would probably lose several games in our conference. I do think Wingate has a chance against WFLA and would love to see it happen. The special teams play of the bulldogs is very good. Although there was a missed field goal. Looked like the qb got hurt then couple plays later threw a great td pass on a roll out to the left. The qb never has impressed me over the years but he was good yesterday. Q
              I am not 100% sure on the attendance of what a normal week looks like for Benedict, but I thought it looked decent for a holiday weekend. I think someone on the general board posted that Benedict-Wingate was the highest attended. Frank Reich was also in attendance so that was an added bonus.

On Wingate’s QB play personally I think he COULD be a solid QB; however, the playing calling gets too cute most of the time and ends up in a stalled drive. He often times looks for the home run play vs the easy play. Just like the FG attempts that ended up in misses. In both instances they needed 5 yards and they went for the home run play vs just keeping the drive going. Wingate punter is solid, but he isn’t a FG kicker by any means and that is no knock on him at all. Just not his area. I’m hoping they put up a good fight next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post

Good luck and safe travels to you all. Hopefully you have better weather than we did (50s & a cold rain), Lol. I recommend parking in Lot 4. It's a fairly short walk to the visitors stands.
                Thank you! Right now it is showing low 70s and sunny, so hopefully it will stay that way. I will remember lot 4! Hopefully we can carry the SAC flag and put up a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post
                  Another sad day for Lenoir Rhyne. Not only did Newberry win the SAC back to back, but now wingate is third round bound. I’m afraid LR will be losing lots of recruits (and possibly transfers) to these schools who want to compete for conference and national titles.
                  Yes, a truly sad day. LR will be losing recruits to these schools as well to many other schools. Bears should just face reality and close shop and tear down that stadium. Really, just close shop already.

I've heard the players have called a team meeting tonight to discuss asking the coaching staff to step down. Any truth to this rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post

Yes, a truly sad day. LR will be losing recruits to these schools as well to many other schools. Bears should just face reality and close shop and tear down that stadium. Really, just close shop already.

I've heard the players have called a team meeting tonight to discuss asking the coaching staff to step down. Any truth to this rumor?
                    So Mule you and I have this jerk figured out don’t we. Has to hide behind a fake handle to spread garbage. Grow up jerk or Mr C might come see ya.

Comment

Congrats Wingate--keep it rolling!

Comment

Glad to see the SAC in the regional final!

That being said, I think that given this path (VUU-Benedict), that I strongly believe:

Mars Hill
                        LR
                        Newberry
                        Limestone
                        West Georgia
                        Maybe even Tusculum..

Would ALL be in the 3rd round given those two opponents!

Comment

I believe the Wingate players, coaches, and fans should all go down to Pensacola and just enjoy the moment. You've had a very good season, and at this point, basically the pressure is off. Go have a good time and be proud of what you've accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                            I believe the Wingate players, coaches, and fans should all go down to Pensacola and just enjoy the moment. You've had a very good season, and at this point, basically the pressure is off. Go have a good time and be proud of what you've accomplished.
                            ...or better yet, go down there and win!

Comment

I like our chances. I've heard the great ones say that a great team improves every week. I think we are playing at a high level. The loss to Newberry was a wakeup call and the Dogs responded. Good luck to the dogs, safe travel to them and our loyal fans. Bring home the victory!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X